1 Tamil Hunger striker = £7.1m Plod overtime

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Oct 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Incredible. 5 times more than was spent on overtime for the whole G20 effort and for one git who was sneaking in burgers anyway because:

'This was such a sensitive operation that it was felt officers could inflame the situation if we brought the hunger strike and demonstration to a premature end. This is a further example of the complexities of policing London today.'

Complexities of Policing? More like political hypersensitivity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1219112/Hunger-strikers-7m-Big-Mac-Tamil-cost-London-fortune-policing-sneaking-fast-food.html

2. They should have just bopped him on the head and told him to sling his hook.

3. This is a further example of why the country is going to the dogs.

Someone made this decision, they should be sacked.

4. Ok while I don't understand why they didn't just get a big screen and play the tape to discredit the twat its a bit underhand to imply that 7.1m was spent on 1 bloke.

The overtime bill as the article said included lots of other related Ops. Including according to the article a static protest in Parliament Square of 5,000, a march on April 11 that was attended by in the region of 100,000 people and the London marathon. If there hadn't been enough officers paid for and it kicked off then I suspect everyone would be crucifying the police. There is a lot wrong with the country and with the police, i.e. the frankly idiotic tactic of kettling crowds, but to jump on them over stuff like this just makes people look stupid and damages their credibility when bringing attention to serious issues.