1 SCOTS

#2
I assume by their silence that 1 SCOTS are too involved in team building to respond. Any news would be appreciated.
 
#3
Things are going well, from an attached arms view. Everyone is very busy at the moment with courses etc. But there has been no trouble, like most people thought!

All is well!!!
 
#4
Ex-Minden said:
But there has been no trouble, like most people thought!
Hardly a surprise that things have gone well; the Royals and the Borderers were always fairly close in outlook, and their associated TA Battalion operated successfully as a mix of Regiments.

Glad to hear that it's working, though :)
 
#6
Ex-Minden said:
Things are going well, from an attached arms view. Everyone is very busy at the moment with courses etc. But there has been no trouble, like most people thought!

All is well!!!
Excellent! As others have said, not a surprise, but good to hear. Thanks 'Ex-Minden'.
 
#9
Which unit furnished the Royal Guard at Balmoral this year? Or has that tradition been suspended in view of overstretch?
 
#11
I thought The Highlanders 4SCOTS were stationed in Germany.
Was the new uniform worn?

BTW do 2SCOTS and 4SCOTS still carry three Colours?
 
#12
We are in Germany and they did have the new kit for it.4 Scots the highlanders have never carried a third colour i think it was only the 2nd Bn The Seaforth highlanders that did carry it.
 
#13
Thanks for the info' fally_. Hope things are well with you all in 4 SCOTS.
BTW any photographs of the Guard?
 
#14
Heard that the boys are really enjoying the new Regiment(s) and that all the concerns of the "old guard" were for naught, as the mature and level headed SNCOs and WOs have pulled together. This sets areal example to other elements of the Forces who can see no further than their own noses. If we don't ever change, how can we develop.

Any guesses for the next amalgamation (RLC & REME?)
 
#15
Outstanding said:
Heard that the boys are really enjoying the new Regiment(s) and that all the concerns of the "old guard" were for naught, as the mature and level headed SNCOs and WOs have pulled together. This sets areal example to other elements of the Forces who can see no further than their own noses. If we don't ever change, how can we develop.

Any guesses for the next amalgamation (RLC & REME?)
Almost one fifth of the Army under one cap badge - and one Senior Officer? I think not!

Interesting discussion, though!

Litotes
 
#17
Any idea of when 1 SCOTS will be operationally ready and where their first deployment will be?
Which brigade are they with?
 
#19
1SCOTS are part of 4 Armd (soon to be Mech) Bde. Not sure when they will be op ready and deploying, but believe it will be 2007 for both.
 
#20
Thanks q_t. 4 Mech? I read somewhere they were going to be a light role Bn specialising in jungle ops and other exciting things. Will they be stuck in those bloody awful Saxon vehicles?
What is 2 SCOTS role? Are they in the same brigade as the 1st Bn or does that smack of common sense?
 

Similar threads


New Posts

Latest Threads

Top