1 SCOTS lose 10 soldiers to drugs.

Not good for the Battalion, but standards must be kept high

Ten soldiers from a Scots regiment are to be dismissed from the Army after failing drug tests.

The members of the Royal Scots Borderers, 1st Battalion the Royal Regiment of Scotland tested positive during a random test this month.

Army bosses have not disclosed the nature of the drugs identified, or the ranks of those who failed.

A total of 441 soldiers took part in the 5 February test at the Borderers' Dreghorn Barracks in Edinburgh.

The Army has a zero-tolerance policy towards drug-taking, with the majority of soldiers found to be taking them instantly dismissed.

The Army recruits largely from urban areas so it inherits the problems these areas have themselves

An army spokesman said: "Ten people from the 1st Battalion, the Royal Regiment of Scotland failed compulsory drugs tests.

"They are all being discharged and have either gone or will be gone by early next week."

Defence analyst Gordon MacKenzie, who was formerly an officer with the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, said: "Drug-taking in the services is a problem up to a point.

"The Army recruits largely from urban areas across Britain so it inherits the problems these areas have themselves.
This CDT was carried out days before the previous 'incident', in which soldiers from 1 SCOTS were filmed allegedly snorting drugs in powder form. (which can be found here)

[c]MODoracle

So more to follow then. Stupid sods

in_the_cheapseats said:
So more to follow then. Stupid sods
No, i don't think so. The footage of the soldiers alleged drug taking, is now being labelled as a joke, so me think disciplinary action is more likely than dismissal.

B

Biscuits_AB

I'm certainly not condoning drug abuse, but WTF is it with squaddies and mobile phones? Why do they just have to video things which are going to drop them in the sh*te later on up the road and by their own hand?

They used to photograph each other. The advent of the mini video camera took it one stage further and now with mobile phone technology, the stupid b*stards send the images to each other. Never mind the drug abuse, the thick c&nts deserve booting out for their stupidity.

Biscuits_AB said:
I'm certainly not condoning drug abuse, but WTF is it with squaddies and mobile phones? Why do they just have to video things which are going to drop them in the sh*te later on up the road and by their own hand?

They used to photograph each other. The advent of the mini video camera took it one stage further and now with mobile phone technology, the stupid b*stards send the images to each other. Never mind the drug abuse, the thick c&nts deserve booting out for their stupidity.
Very true, but they claimed they were making it as a joke. Whilst it may be of poor taste (and questionable intelligence), soldiers do tend to reflect the society in which they were raised.

Random_Task said:
Biscuits_AB said:

Can you imagine what Nuremberg would have been like if the nazi's had had access to mobile phone technology & email?!
Yeah, boxhead version of Al-jazera would be playing streaming footage of the gas chambers, claiming it was the will of their god. :shakefist:

Wedgy said:
Looks like Fallschirmjager was right then

Fallschirmjager said:
Aren't jock regiments renowned for taking drugs? Drug misuse is a massive problem in the forces though those at the top are blind to the fact.
Clickety click
No, he is NOT right. Please see the rest of that thread, where he admits that he was miles off with his statement.

The reason that the Jocks seem to have a higher incidence of drug taking and dismissals is that they don't sweep things under the carpet like other parts of the army do. Despite this, it still gauls me that soldiers are SO stupid to deliberately take these risks when they know the punishment is so severe. :shakefist:

B

Biscuits_AB

Agent_Smith said:
Biscuits_AB said:

Very true, but they claimed they were making it as a joke. Whilst it may be of poor taste (and questionable intelligence), soldiers do tend to reflect the society in which they were raised.
In as much as the next batch is always thicker than the one before.

Serves the stupid fcuks right. I've no tolerance for drug takers, recreational or otherwise.

How hard is it to drum it in to these chav gits that the Army don't do drugs!
I'd love to know how much emphisis is placed on teaching this in basic?

Anyone got a definitive answer?

I'll never forget seeing the training film about taking LSD or not.

Frightened the crap out of me. First the guy was a crab and second, I'd just been woken up.

Good to see wasters being weeded out but i did come across a situation a couple of years ago where time-barred soldiers who had had enough went home for the weekend and took some form of narcotics only to tab into their OC on the Monday morning to admit their crime.

The first three were kicked out before the CofC caught on.

Cheaper than PVR apparently and modern day employers do not take the same view of monor recreational drug use as the old order the impact on their future employment is not as great as it once was.

Agent_Smith said:
Biscuits_AB said:

Ah well, that's ten more on the dole in Niddrie then :thumleft:

The reason that the Jocks seem to have a higher incidence of drug taking and dismissals is that they don't sweep things under the carpet like other parts of the army do
Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting other Regiments and Corps sweep drug taking under the carpet?

Agent_Smith said:
Wedgy said:

Fallschirmjager said:
Aren't jock regiments renowned for taking drugs? Drug misuse is a massive problem in the forces though those at the top are blind to the fact.
Clickety click
No, he is NOT right. Please see the rest of that thread, where he admits that he was miles off with his statement.
Maybe he's not right but I've heard the same from Scottish NAAFI staff

As much as I hate to say it; there's bound to be a slacker somewhere who's letting people get away with it.

polar said:
Agent_Smith said:
Wedgy said:

Fallschirmjager said:
Clickety click
Maybe he's not right but I've heard the same from Scottish NAAFI staff
Have you also heard that 1LI were the worst outfit ever to serve in Dreghorn Barracks?

PartTimePongo said:
The reason that the Jocks seem to have a higher incidence of drug taking and dismissals is that they don't sweep things under the carpet like other parts of the army do
Let me get this straight. Are you suggesting other Regiments and Corps sweep drug taking under the carpet?
Not suggesting that at all, just that the decision on what to do is down to the discretion of the chain of command. Some take a more stringent view than others.