1 % Pay Rise ?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by sc_obvious, Dec 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just looking through the PBR headlines and it mentions that all public sector workers will only receive a 1% pay rise for the next 2 years. Are we classed as public sector ?
  2. If 'we' is the MOD, then yes - paid by the taxpayer = public sector.

However, Armed forces pay rises are recommended by the AFPRB to the Govn. each year.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a massive increase!
  3. No rise this year, no rise last year either…
  4. Join the club!

5. Ah, so you're another CS living it large on your big bonus's according to the Wail!

Bonus, what frigging bonus? :(
  6. you 2 must of been shite at your jobs then cause all the good serpants did :)
  7. Nope, 0% pay rise. It has been offset by a 1% increase in NI contributions. Anybody who ears more than 20k is going to be well out of pocket as a result of this PBR.
  8. if you read the PBR in full you will discover that the only public servants not covered by the 1% cap are the armed forces.
  9. are you shocked at this?
  10. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

The armed forces were deliberately left out and that fact mentioned in AD's speech yesterday.

Mind you, the way this government thinks, that probably means that you won't even get the 1% :wink:
  11. Funny in this part of the world....

last year they lost around 7.5% of their salary to a public service pension levy

and yesterday it was announced that they are getting a pay cut starting at 5% and going up to 20% (depending on gross salary)!!!
  12. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

1% is more than most private sector employees will get (bankers excluded of course) you should think yourself lucky.

On the armed forces, it is simply unimaginable that any party would choose to restrict pay to less than those pen pushers everyone likes to bang on about whilst demanding operations are ongoing and more importantly so high on the agenda

Expect something on this tonight on Question Time
  13. Still trying to work out whay i will buy with my 1%.
    Bet MP's get a bigger pay rise!!!!!!!!!!! :x
  14. You won't be buying anything with it, it is below inflation, so actually will equate to a PAY CUT!
  15. I will start our pay rise off at 10% please..Anybody raise me??