Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

1 MI

How big of you to bring up that small issue CR. I could've sworn that there was a post on this thread, that has now been removed. Is that the case or am I going mad (quack, beep, wibble etc etc)?

Outstanding; haven't ventured into the bowels of the puzzle palace, thankfully I'm not part of 1 MI Bde/Bn, but if you're going to JHQ on a FAS posting, you may be running/part* of a section/Coy* (*delete as applicable) of 1 and it's in those said cellars that the FAS posts are kept as there is no real estate as yet for the new posts that are coming on line.

anybody reading this would think we were obsessed with size in the int corps :)

big, small, fat, thin, short, tall - we're all just one happy family in the corps.

apart from the facking darksiders :)

To get the best of both worlds I would suggest getting to 1 MI Coy (or whatever it's called now). You are far enough away to not receive the majority of the sh1te you would get at a MI HQ. You get to deploy as part of a brigade which can mean a sweet job in a sandy place (or a sh1t one depending). And living away from JHQ means you get a much fuller experience of the life there. I would have said Osnabruck but their off now to Catterick.

Get to Sennelager, 20 Armd Bde, enjoy!

Life here in Germany's sweet. Turned into work today at 11, to be told that the servers were down, so no work here. Off to play golf at 2. Oh and this is being written from the home PC. Sweeeet!

g2_loony_bin said:
To get the best of both worlds I would suggest getting to 1 MI Coy (or whatever it's called now). You are far enough away to not receive the majority of the sh1te you would get at a MI HQ. You get to deploy as part of a brigade which can mean a sweet job in a sandy place (or a sh1t one depending). And living away from JHQ means you get a much fuller experience of the life there. I would have said Osnabruck but their off now to Catterick.

What planet are you on! :) JHQ is arguably better located, with a better social scene, and there are some decent jobs there. The only sh1tty bit is Bn duties. And as for getting to deploy as a Brigade, well, thats just fantastic, not! The sh1te you get at an MI HQ is far less than what you get from all those other arm flappers in a Bde HQ.

You are right about a fuller experience of life at Sennelager, though.....there are some strange people indeed in the Senne Eck and that dodgy nightclub nearby, the name of which escapes me....

Zoid said:
g2_loony_bin said:

What planet are you on! :) JHQ is arguably better located, with a better social scene, and there are some decent jobs there. The only sh1tty bit is Bn duties. And as for getting to deploy as a Brigade, well, thats just fantastic, not! The sh1te you get at an MI HQ is far less than what you get from all those other arm flappers in a Bde HQ.

You are right about a fuller experience of life at Sennelager, though.....there are some strange people indeed in the Senne Eck and that dodgy nightclub nearby, the name of which escapes me....

Tingle Tangles? 1 (now 11) MI Coy are the bast@rd, ginger haired step children east of the Rhine (and proud of it), but it pisses all over JHQ.

Its funny how the word spreads even when positive attempts are made to keep quiet. Trust is a thing that once broken can never be re-asserted.

Outstanding said:
Its funny how the word spreads even when positive attempts are made to keep quiet. Trust is a thing that once broken can never be re-asserted.

Indeed........but then there is one sure fire way of avoiding such situations ..........

Before this gets out of hand and someone gets into trouble can we keep rumours about a person that occupies a position as easily identifiable as this to yourselves.

I like a joke with everyone else but just be carfeul guys, I dont like having to moderate in the Corps forum - free speech and all!