1 Mech as a Posting

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by bowmanator, May 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a Sgt Tech who was wondering what 1 Mech is like as a future posting?
  2. aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
  3. That was helpful!!
  4. I take it you didn't get what you were after bowmanator?
  5. Thinking about it, he does abit!
  6. No I don't quite look like my avatar. And no I didn't get my sunshine posting!! They offered my 4 Armd Bde, but it means a year in Germany, then to move to Catterick August 2008!! So 1 Mech is my only choice!!
  7. I would have took the year of LOA mate, and Catterick wouldn't be that bad for you would it?
  8. I would have taken the year in Germany... LOA, tax free goodies (ie a car) followed by a load of cash when you move back to UK.

By which point the tour is 1/3 over and you can be looking for the sunshine tour.

1 Mech... hmmm. They are in tidworth aren't they?

If you move in the next 6 months it will be pretty quiet there, as they are away.

Salsbury not too far - good on the lash and you have Bowman.

And according to their webpage the squadron "is within the heart of Salisbury Plain training are. As a result, this gives the squadron a great opportunity to deploy on exercise and train in one of Europe's best training areas without the need for long travelling distances."

What more could you wish for.

Read here for more info on life within the squadron as Bengal Troop Sergeant
  9. Sold! By Chocolate Frog! I'm packing my kit as we speak.......
    Then again, maybe not.
  10. Better sort your quarter out quick as the One of the Tank regiments have just moved in and they got most of the decent quarters.
    So sorry youre a tech sgt. Try for a career transfer instead of a posting.