1 killed , 4 British soldiers injured by bomb

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Nov 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A flash on BBC News website; there is no full article yet.

I hope they are not seriously wounded and make a full recovery.
  2. They've got the story now:

Very bad news - my thoughts are with them and my prayers are for their full and speedy recoveries.
  3. Suddenly lost my sunday lunch appetite.

Speedy and safe recovery fellas.
  4. Hope they make a speedy and full recovery.
  5. Get well and keep safe lads.
  6. Oh shit - Updated news:

Rest in Peace.

My condolences to those who grieve.
  7. Thanks Dozy - unusually, there is very little on Reuters about it yet....

Condolences to the family and friends... and wish a speedy recovery to the injured.

8. RIP.
    It would be nice to think this is the last time we have to post condolances for a British soldier killed in a s"""e-hole like Afghanistan. But I know it won't be.
    I pray I'm wrong, but I think the bad times are just getting started...
  9. Reuters Story

Reuters confirming that one killed and four injured.

10. All of the news-services are running the story now, Ghostie, though the MoD site is yet to be updated, so sadly it does look like a valid and verified story.

Yes Werewolf, I echo your sentiment and have done ever since the first reported death. Each time I offer condolences I hope that it is the last time, but in light of the foreign policy decisions being made by the British and US governments, it is naive to think that this may be the case. Those we lose won't be forgotten by those of us who care, but I wonder how often our 'leaders' do as I do and look at the names and faces of all of those we've lost so far: The Fallen.

Keep safe all who are in harm's way.

Edited for a missed apostrophe.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

More sad news. My thoughts are with the injured, the bereaved and the colleagues of those involved.

I too am growing weary of hearing of the deaths of more of Britain's finest young men, whilst Ministers in our dire government spout their platitudes and hope it will all turn out right in the end, despite their lack of planning and absence of backbone.
  12. Shit news fella's. RIP and get well soon to all concerned.

To any of the deployed logged on here dont let the fluckers get you down.

Keep your Body drama n helmets on. Visors down. Eyes and ears open and mouth shut!!!

Be safe and see you home for a few beers soon enough!
  13. Rip and get well soon to the injured boys.

Condolences to the families.
  14. My condolences to the family of the fallen soldier. Speedy recovery to those soldiers injured in the blast.
  15. Rest In Peace

Edited to remove link