1 Killed, 1 injured in Basra

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by dui-lai, Oct 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. See Current Affairs folks, both are RAMC

2. rest in piece den,you had some sense of humour...R.I.P

3. Den, your humour and sarcasm were equal to none. You were proficient at your work and extremley well thought of by those who knew and worked with you. May you be in a place of happiness and our thoughts are with your family in their time of bereavement at the loss of their brave son.
    Take care Den, you will always be in my memories!

4. To lose a soldier is bad enough, to lose one of our own words arent enough.

RIP brother

5. I last saw Den in Keogh back in '94 but still feel a tremendous sense of loss. This is a testament to his character and to how well liked he was. We had some laughs in basic and on CMT 3, memories that will saty with me forever.

RIP buddy.

6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

When ever the muck and bullets are flying and your hear someone call "medic" you dont even think about it, you know that theres a guy running full tilt with little thought of his own personal saftey to get to the injured.

Thank God for Medics!

7. Seconded.

RIP

Been reading about Noel Chavasse VC and bar, MC whilst in hospital. What a story that mans life was!

8. I think RIP is getting a bit boring... Anyone who dons the uniform must be given a few lines of script before they meet the earth and worms.

It is better to have been someone for a day than no one for a life time. Den sleep easy and enjoy the rest as you truly deserve to lean on the pearly gates. May the the port flow freely and the HCA's be easy...rest easy up stairs.

DK

9. So sad, really sad!

10. Lance Corporal Dennis Brady was hit in an "indirect fire attack" at the Shatt Al-Arab Hotel after mortars landed inside the UK base in Basra, southern Iraq, on 1 October.
    The 37-year-old, from Cumbria, was a regular reservist from the Royal Army Medical Corps, attached to the 1st Battalion of the Light Infantry.

L/Cpl Brady grew up in Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, where he lived with his wife, Zoe.

He left the regular Army in 2004 and worked as a firefighter before volunteering to return to the military as a reservist.

His commanding officer, Lt Col Johnny Bowron, said: "His loss will be keenly felt, and the battalion has lost a trusted member and a real friend."

SOLDIER Dennis Brady’s mum received birthday flowers from her son in Iraq the day before learning of his death.

And the Lance Corporal was just two weeks from coming home to Barrow when he was killed in a mortar attack.

LANCE Corporal Den Brady’s wife is today mourning a man she says “died a hero.”

Zoe Brady, 30, of Barrow, has been married to the 37-year-old Army medic for six years but they have been separated for some time.

They have no children.

Speaking exclusively to the Evening Mail, she said: “Den lived life to the full. He put 100 per cent into everything he did.

“His death will leave huge voids with every body who loved him.

“Words cannot express how much he will be missed.

“He died a hero.”

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceN...illedInIraq.htm

Attached Files:

11. Does anyone know funeral details or if a memorial fund is being set up to help Den's family. Please PM me if there is.

12. CC personal message sent. MWD