1 kidney can i still join ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Gothicghost, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all first post :D

I had one of my kidneys removed last year cause it died (random thing to happen) :lol:

Anyways i always wanted to do infantry in the army but i fear now that i am 1 kidney down i wont get in :(

But if i can't do infantry would i be able to still do driving or some thing like that maybe ?

Other then my one missing kidney i think i am pretty good shape :)

Thanks for any info guys/gals.
  2. I don't want to burst your bubble gothicghost, but I think it's highly unlikely that they'll allow you in. Check with your nearest Army Careers Office, though.

3. Thought as much there may be a chance i would not get in :(

I will pop in have chat with the army careers office just to be sure but it not looking good.

4. GG,

Check your PMs
  5. Cheers for the info guys i will try my luck with the normal army and if not i will try the TA lol
  6. Sure, the abnormal army is also an open window ;)
  7. you could always train to be a cook,sure you could lay your hands on some kidneys, and well someone will reinsert it for you.
  8. Trust me you don't wont me cooking for the army as i probs make everyone sick or something :twisted:
  9. You'll fit right in then...
  10. yeah, yeah, yeah, bet you lot love PAYD now. At least when Mil chefs were in charge, you had a better choice.