1 KIA 5INJ. 1 R.Anglians - AFGN 110807

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by mediumwhiteamericano, Aug 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sketchy details at the moment but another loss from 1 Royal Anglians. No doubt more details throughout the day to follow. NOK informed.

2. dear lord no. RIP and my thought are once more for the family and friends my condolances and regrets
  3. British Soldier from 1 Royal Anglians killed in Afghanistan on 11 August 2007
    12 Aug 07
    It is with profound sadness that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a British soldier from 1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment in Afghanistan yesterday, Saturday 11 August 2007.

Ministry of Defence
    The soldier was killed during an attack on his patrol base north east of Sangin, in Helmand Province. Five other soldiers received minor injuries in the incident.

At 1320hrs local time the patrol base came under attack from small arms fire, rocket propelled grenades, and indirect fire. It was during this engagement that the British soldier was injured. An emergency response helicopter took him to the medical facility at Camp Bastion for treatment, but sadly the soldier did not survive.

The soldier’s next of kin have been informed and have requested a period of grace before further details are released.
  4. RIP another Viking lost...........
  5. Another sad loss for the Vikings

Rest in Peace Friend

condolences to the family & friends
  6. RIP Viking. Take your place in Valhalla.

Condolances to family and friends.

Every casualty is one too many, but this has been a particulary bad week.
  7. RIP.

8. RIP soldier. Stand down...

My condolences to family and friends
  9. RIP Mate. Condolences to Family and Friends. Another good one gone
  10. RIP Viking

mediumwhiteamericano: please edit the heading to at least add the date. Thanks.
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

RIP Viking,
    My sincere condolences go out to all who know & love you,
    Rest easy.
  12. RIP Fella, heartfelt COndolences to Family, Friends and Colleagues...

Another Very Sad Day...
  13. RIP Viking.