1 inch very pistol

Is the 1 inch very pistol still on issue in the Army ? if not when was it withdrawn ?

I'm sure it was still in use when I left in 1989.

we used to have them on the chieftains, the good ole one inch magnum! But your point is?

A

armadillo

Hi Boxxy the original poster of this didnt write anything and the box was blank, which is why I wrote WTF.

Some weird shit happening here.

I never been on a chieftain,

A

C

cloudbuster

Had one in the tower at Detmold airfield in the 80s, always handy when someone comes barrelling in over the fence with his wheels up, (think Battle of Britain), as long as you remember to open the window before squeezing the trigger. Unlike the doris in the tower at RAF Marham who tried to attract the attention of a Victor crew before they blocked the runway. Fortunately everyone managed to duck as the red flare pinged off all the windows.

StickyEnd said:
Test.

edit to add:
Got it now. The original poster is invisible to me. I can't see "his" posts.
Troll cloak. Log out and you'll see them.

The original post:

Spiffy said:
Is the 1 inch very pistol still on issue in the Army ? if not when was it withdrawn ?

I'm sure it was still in use when I left in 1989.

cloudbuster said:
Had one in the tower at Detmold airfield in the 80s, always handy when someone comes barrelling in over the fence with his wheels up, (think Battle of Britain), as long as you remember to open the window before squeezing the trigger. Unlike the doris in the tower at RAF Marham who tried to attract the attention of a Victor crew before they blocked the runway. Fortunately everyone managed to duck as the red flare pinged off all the windows.
Did the air farce not use the 1.5" Very pistol?

(or were they all converted to Donk guns?)

Last used by myself as an AT in Boy service in 1982.

Then the DS who trusted me :D let me act as the guard on the back of the 4 tonner carrying the ammo on the way back from the Ex (at a range near Sunderland)

As I was in the back I did not help myself to a few dozen or so of the big flare shells to take home on my next leave.

As we were not checked on our return, I did not take said pyro back home and never had a great time putting them on hexy blocks, lighting the hexy and running away to wait for the bang and fireworks show.

never seen them since. :D

BenghaziBandit said:
I once had a German Very pistol that was sleeved to a 12bore!!
I hope you don't still have it!

Sehr verboten mein herr! Viel angst vom der Kripo...