1 in 20 under 18s pregnant

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by trickywoo, Mar 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What the lads as well?

2. No it just means that 19 out of 20 are not putting out without contraception. Or not putting out at all.

3. So do you think it's acceptable then?

4. Why not? They are above the legal age after all. I would suggest the only reason people are bleating about it is because of the perceived drain on the Welfare State. There are far greater drains on the system than a handful of young mothers, however political will to stop these is constrained by correctness and the fear of "upsetting the natives". Young mothers are a far easier target for the cynical moneygrabbing of Mr Darling and his Whitehall cronies than a few MILLION immigrants, legal or not.

What do you suggest? Make them all wear BURKHAS?

5. Why not? They are above the legal age after all. I would suggest the only reason people are bleating about it is because of the perceived drain on the Welfare State. There are far greater drains on the system than a handful of young mothers, however political will to stop these is constrained by correctness and the fear of "upsetting the natives". Young mothers are a far easier target for the cynical moneygrabbing of Mr Darling and his Whitehall cronies than a few MILLION immigrants, legal or not.

What do you suggest? Make them all wear BURKHAS?

6. Fortunately for me, I'm adept at finding the 1 in 20 who do put out which is why I always practice safe sex and give a false name.

:D

7. I'm not in the least concerned with the welfare state. I do though think that it's an absolute tragedy for the nation that so many young ladies' lives are effectively ruined before they've begun. Some of them may well go far in life but the majority will languish in dismal council houses that smell of vinegar.

Why on earth would asking a single mum to wear a burqua help? I think burquas are refreshingly different and the eyes on some of these ladies are stunning enough for me to wonder what lies beneath. It's a dreadful shame so many appear terrified though. They're vilified in their own country (Britain) for wearing an entirely harmless item of religious attire.

8. Really......................click my burqua

9. Read the article, a huge proportion of this 'one in twenty' are from the North east where underage bareback riding is the norm. FFS one bloke has placed 7 of them in the club. Take them out of the article and it's probably more like 1 in 40

10. you cant win just a couple years ago everyone was moaning about a aging population these girls do thier bit and now everyone gets on their case.

11. Thats because unlike the South where HIV is rampant, North East Girlies are plenty clean GI.

10 Dollah... they love you lonnng time.

12. I'm not going to get dragged into an argument on the wearing of religious attire. They could all wear potato sacks and carry whatever icon they want and it wouldn't bother me. You are implying that all young mothers are destined to a life of vinegar soaked social housing. Are you suggesting that all young mothers come from a deprived background? If you are then you are more naive than I initially thought.

Your comments sound like a 1960's public information film, in fact your views are so far detached from the reality of the 21st century that you probably think everyone lives in a quaint chocolate box cottage, doffs their cap to anyone in a tweed jacket and looks like an extra from a Margaret Rutherford Miss Marple film. Thise days are gone my old fruit. I suggest you retire to Eastbourne, where matron can place her tartan rug over your knees, as you take in the sea air form the comfort of your very own bath chair.

Yours is an antiquated veiw of a modern reality.

13. Thats because unlike the South where HIV is rampant, North East Girlies are plenty clean GI.

10 Dollah... they love you lonnng time.[/quote]

10 dollah you got ripped off, go to essex all free ( best years of my life )

14. 10 dollah you got ripped off, go to essex all free ( best years of my life )[/quote]

Enthusiastic amateurs are no substitute for professionals old boy!