1 Days Pay Scheme....mmmm??

Discussion in 'RLC' started by CH512O, Apr 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 1DPS, now i always thought it was for worthwhile activities/needs and wow betide anyone who isnt in it otherwise hell and damnation be reaped upon you! But, whats this i hear that around £3k of it is spent on the RSM's Cadre of which they run about 2 a year if i remember correctly?
    Now obviously to be a RSM you have to be
    1. A Trog (well come on, most of them are)
    2. Love shiny pacesticks even if they are not the correct ones.
    3. Ceased all trade activity after the Class 2 Cse.
    4. And of course in the 1 DPS!

My thinking then is if you are a WO1 and remained in the trade stream then are we not missing out on the money we paid in because we dont attend the RSM course? I thought the 1 DPS was run along the same methodology as the PRI fund in that its available for the good and benefit of all the Regt and not just selected few?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Miss-out on the big badge? :)

3. I don't know, I was never in it for the RLC. I was for RAOC.

4. ODPS is an utter joke they shine it up a little (and have done some but only some good stuff) but outside the Deepcut triangle it is pointless, but by all account the dinners and piss ups they have are blinding.

5. This is obviously a rumor as why would you need to spend that kind of money on a cadre?
    I would be bemused as to why any cost would not be borne by those attending the cadre, however I bet they have a great piss up!!!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

6. Yes and im glad i did, hence back in 2009 i did my Part 1 CLM and no more!

7. ISTR being invited to contribute to a similar scheme for the AAC shortly after I joined. Something to do with supporting our Regimental Association. I think we bought a balloon that some prat subsequently torched.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I havn't got a clue what ours is spent on, well apart from apparently piss ups for newly promoted RSM's but on the WO CLM and the "fireside chat" with the Corps RSM at the time its put in no certain terms "you will be in it".

9. This is obviously a rumor, as why would the cost not be borne by those attending the cadre? If it is true then it does sound a little unfair but I bet it's a great piss up!!!
    And shouldn't all soldiers aspire to be the top of their tree ?

10. This is obviously a rumor as why would any additional costs not be borne by those attending the cadre. If it is true then it does seem a little unfair but I bet it's a great piss up !!!

And shouldn't all soldiers who join the army aspire to be the top of their tree?

11. This is obviously a rumor as why would any additional costs not be borne by those attending the cadre. If it is true then it does seem a little unfair but I bet it's a great piss up !!!

And shouldn't all soldiers who join the army aspire to be the top of their tree?

12. This is obviously a rumor as why would any additional costs not be borne by those attending the cadre. If it is true then it does seem a little unfair but I bet it's a great piss up !!!

13. Oh come on who in the right mind is not pleased that they are giving away their hard earned pay so that the finest in the Corps can go on the piss?
    Oh and wasn't that fine young man that decided the comedian ought not be on stage at the 20th Anniversary a SSM, soon to be RSM (presuming it gets brushed under the carpet), another one of the finest in the Corps! Yes, I can not think of a better way to spend our money.
    Unless of course we use it for the Conductors parchment ceremony, of which I believe the Corps has a problem funding?

14. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am a huge supporter of the ODP scheme. When I had a problem and asked my Regimental Association for help it was given freely, quickly and helped me to get over an extremely emotional time. I had been a member of the OPD scheme and 30 years later it was there for me. This is a major source of funds for benevolent work carried out by Regimental Associations.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Depends how big your tree is? Whose to say the post of RSM is?
    My CV at the moment reads better being a trade WO than an RSM would.

• Like Like x 1