1 CSMR MOVE TO HOHNE

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but it is now confirmed that 1 CSMR will relocate from Munster to Hohne in Sept / Oct 2008.

I am a LEC (locally employed civilian) in Munster been there for last 15 years.

We where told last week by GLSU that last working day for Osnabruck civilians would be 31 Mar 09 and Munster perhaps had another 3 years.

Maybe someone knows different as the MOD moves in strange ways.

ABSOLUTELY BL**DY TYPICAL, The amount of hard work and effort that has gone into improving that camp for the boyz and girlz, the new very expensive Z type accom and all we do is move them ? What is the thinking behind moving an entire medical regiment up to Hohne ?

Can anyone give any further details ie how the three Med Sqns will sp their Bde's or is this in readiness for the IMSB findings and implementation ?

I liked Munster and have fond memories of it, if a litte blurred around the edges :cry:

ViciousCircle said:
Can anyone give any further details ie how the three Med Sqns will sp their Bde's or is this in readiness for the IMSB findings and implementation ?
Given that everything else is moving to brigade level, would it not make more sense to revert the close-support squadrons back to field ambulances, colocated with and under direct brigade level control?

Ugg: Look Unk, look what I've invented!
Unk: A round thing, Ugg? What are you calling it?
Ugg: I think I'll call it the "wheel" :twisted:

over the next few years - there will be lots of changes.

The only stations to be left open in BFG will be:

Sennelager/Paderborn, Gutersloh and Hohne (guarenteed for next 20+ years)

Munster and Rhinedalen will close.

1 CSMR will join A(29) Sqn in Hohne , and Glyn Hughes Barracks will be what used to be the old Dutch Tankies Squares, what is currently the transit accom between 3RHA and 9/12th. 7 Armd Bde are more than happy to accomodate the Regt - plenty space.

so the rest of 1CS can enjoy the morale that A Sqn have had for years

this will probably happen in time for the Med Regt system to die - and embedded Sqns (new versions of AFAs) to be invented - re-invent the wheel AGAIN :?

Whats wrong with Hohne? Had a feckin quality time there, Reeperbahn only 45 mins up the road!!! What more could you want?