1 Arty thinning out

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by C4564, Jul 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard a naffi rumour today that 39 is to be binned, anyone else heard this or shed any light?
  2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

As I understand it, GMLRS and most GBAD is pretty safe, however AS90 is going to take a hammering.
  3. Not what I've heard mind, 39 disbanded and 3 RHA to take over at Albertraz. Apparently posting orders have ready started being throw around.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Yeah well, throw seniority into the mix and steam gunnery will have some fallout.

What will probably happen is that Battery Titles at 39 will change, there'll be a change of capbadge, the officers will sew ball buttons to their mess dress and those currently in 3RHA will find new homes (if they haven't received brown envelopes). There will of course be some cross posting to ensure that the "golden thread" is sageguarded.

Cynical? Moi? (not a dillitante either)....
  5. 26,39 & 47 all to go. TA will get some AS90 to look after remainder will be mothballed! Gnrs to lose a third of Regt's We have 15 so 5 to go!!!! What others will perish I am not sure also not sure if 40 who are gone will be counted as 1 of the 5. You heard it here 1st,maybe.
  6. 39 to merge with 32 down at Larkers to form a super Regt????
  7. Sure you're not based there? What with being from Durham and referring to Albemarle as "Albertraz".
  8. Used to be, left 39 just over a year ago.
  9. Why would 32 merge with 39? They're both different systems, it would make more sense for 32 and 47 to merge into a super UAV Regiment.
  10. Heard 39 to be dispanded and spread amongst gun regiments
  11. To go back to how it used to be before 32 became just UAV and 39 just Launcher, just on a bigger scale
  12. Really? Is that why there's posts by you on currently being in 39 (posts made quite recently)? Typical of 51.
  13. Cheers for that fella, but I don't think I do, thanks for stalking me anyway, and I wasn't 51 either.
  14. Stalking? No. Catching out a guy that was clearly told by his regiment not to spread rumours on ARRSE, yes.
  15. Not at all, i heard it through faceache.