For Inspection 1/6 scale Churchill tank

These links might be of interest

http://the.shadock.free.fr/Surviving_Churchills.pdf

About half way down note the turret difference between the photo marked Churchill Mk VII – Curragh Camp, The Curragh (Ireland) & the one marked Churchill Mk VII – Imperial War Museum, Duxford? (UK)

Also see this webpage for a DIY turret guide MkIV, V & VI turret variations
The Mk VII at Fontaine La-Mallet is near me, though I haven't seen it yet. I was a bit puzzled by the main armament but I guess it is just a tube hanging out of the mantlet.

Staghound for me please, you can keep the change.
Dave Newton has just emailed me. $70k includes transfer, drop boxes and engines, these are seized. Armour is expensive, but that seems reasonable in the great scheme of things. Especially as the churchill model will come in at over $10k!

I've just asked the bloke what his price is. o_O Prepare to faint when I find out!! Not sure if it comes with the auto box and GMC engines. The engines should be ok, but the box would be a task and a half.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You must think I'm made of money, if I had 20k it'd be a new Rocket lll.
70k for summit that ain't got a gearbox or motor... He's taking the mick!!!!

The gear boxes are fine, the engines are seized though. Waay outside my price range.

The Mk VII at Fontaine La-Mallet is near me, though I haven't seen it yet. I was a bit puzzled by the main armament but I guess it is just a tube hanging out of the mantlet.
Notes suggest its the gun, but lacking the muzzle break

24.5K for a 432???? Christ, I'd have paid them to take mine away from me
Like I said earlier, he's having a laugh. He's got some funny ideas, he's a broker so he wants his cut.
I really can't see a 432 worth that much, christ they made hundreds of the bloody things.
The only one there that might be worth something is that Mk1 petrol. It'd want to be in top nick.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Nice M3 Lee on there. Now please all chip in to the 'I want to buy Halftrack a M3 tank' fund please! :p
I think it was old man Dillon who had one of those, (or a M16A2,) complete with the quad fifties.
Being as he also owned a factory making reloading eqpt, plus had the freehold of a FOGB bit of desert meant that an evening's shooting at Casa Dillon was a tad more fun than any green army range packages.

I see Adrian is selling his Cat D4 and his M75 APC.

I believe the M75 was cut into pieces when he acquired it! Runs and drives brilliantly, as you would expect.

Latest Threads