For Inspection 1/6 scale Churchill tank

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Jesus H Basterd. That really was a scary bit of kit. No wonder the Germans regularly surrendered at the sight of a crocodile tipping up. Frightening stuff, and I’ll wager the cameraman wasn’t too happy with some of the angles he shot from...
Reminded of Dr No, on Bond being told the Dragon is coming.

"That's a Land Rover engine."
Whoosh.
"That's a flame thrower."
" Eek! "

Jesus H Basterd. That really was a scary bit of kit. No wonder the Germans regularly surrendered at the sight of a crocodile tipping up. Frightening stuff, and I’ll wager the cameraman wasn’t too happy with some of the angles he shot from...
Wow. I'd never really thought about a flame thrower, but it does actually that - it projects a ball of fire, rather than just a flame.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not all turrets have those front bulges. Wonder why???

View attachment 364046
A guess. Churchill had 57mm (6pdr) guns. According to the Haynes manual upstairs they were upgraded to 75mm by boring out the 57mm barrel.

One would assume that internally, the gun is completely revised and the barrel mates to a 75mm breech, surely longer to accommodate a bigger round. I can well imagine there not being enough room at the back, so they revised the turret front and moved the trunnions forward.

Apologies if, arriving late to thread, this is me taking granny to an egg sucking lesson. Or it's been otherwise explained.

A guess. Churchill had 57mm (6pdr) guns. According to the Haynes manual upstairs they were upgraded to 75mm by boring out the 57mm barrel.

One would assume that internally, the gun is completely revised and the barrel mates to a 75mm breech, surely longer to accommodate a bigger round. I can well imagine there not being enough room at the back, so they revised the turret front and moved the trunnions forward.

Apologies if, arriving late to thread, this is me taking granny to an egg sucking lesson. Or it's been otherwise explained.
Nas version was built by nicking off knocked out shermans and fitting the guns sideways

Nice M3 Lee on there. Now please all chip in to the 'I want to buy Halftrack a M3 tank' fund please! :p

So, does this model come with its own set of divorce papers or do you have to buy them separately?
I think the wife gets the house, the dog, the car. On the bright side you get the model.

Last edited:
Unless you got pads on your tracks, you wouldn't be very popular with the Highways Agency. At least the Staghound doesn't leave an obvious trail......
True, that's the beauty of a halftrack of course!
Or have a field to play on.;)

There's photos of 2RTR in the early 1960s out in Germany, the REME LAD had M9s with rubber padded tracks. But the ones they had out in Libya during the 50s all steel.

Hmm feel that would have limited practical application.

Now their Katyusha MLRS model on the other hand appears to come with significant annoyance capcity: 16 missiles which use 18mm solid rocket motors and have a range of 100m.

Regiment at Bunde celebrated Kohima every year and use to bring in a Chieftain to do a "Little show".. And 12 months later the football pitch had just recovered enough in time for the next Kohima.

Staghound for me please, you can keep the change.
I've just asked the bloke what his price is. o_O Prepare to faint when I find out!! Not sure if it comes with the auto box and GMC engines. The engines should be ok, but the box would be a task and a half.

Latest Threads