For Inspection 1/6 scale Churchill tank

Made a 240 mile round trip to Silver Crest Models in Northamptonshire to see their brand new 1/6 Churchill which is available as a gun tank, or more excitingly a Crocodile flame tank. And yes the flame thrower works, although not possible at the time of my visit.

It's an awesome beast and I can't wait to see it running and flaming.

In Crocodile version it's 2.1m long and weighs 120kg. It's aluminium with decks etc in brass plate. This is the prototype and I have pointed out a couple of improvements that could be made, Including more opening hatches and the prominent turret roof armour.

20181127_124538.jpg

20181127_130312.jpg

IMG-20181127-WA0002.jpg

I'll post some more a bit later.

ugly

LE
More than your life is worth if the missus finds you buying one.
I wont be splashing my pension on one whilst the bathroom and kitchen still need doing. If I (I need to buy a ticket first) win the euro millions I'd buy a real one!

I’ve always wanted to make one of the armortek models, but even though I could afford one, my hands are not up to the task.

Just looking at those photos, impressive as it is, you'd have to do an awful lot of work on it, just to give the hull some sort realism. Hulls too smooth it's got no texture.

I wont be splashing my pension on one whilst the bathroom and kitchen still need doing. If I (I need to buy a ticket first) win the euro millions I'd buy a real one!
A tad overkill for slaying hoggets n foxes.
I would never call you unsporting, however.....

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Churchill Crocodile with flamethrower £6,995.00 + £195.00 post and packaging
A bit of imagination and that could pay for itself in a month - shed Valhalla and pet cremation for a start, not to mention shitty neighbour-busters...

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Given the size of Tiny Miss Fang, she could just about fit in that!

I'm telling the Mrs it's a mobile weed killer for my new weed killing business.

If there are any obvious inaccuracies please let me know and I will pass these on for prototype 2.