1.5 miles in just under 13 mins

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Desborough, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well i signed up to my local gym yesterday and the PT pushed me a bit On my first attempt i did 1.5 miles in 13 Minutes 52 seconds I'm quite proud of myself 8) because im like 15 3/4 stone :eek: (I know rip me all u like) So if i keep going ill do brilliantly "I hope" Im aslso doing and assortmant of weights at 15 reps and 30 seconds rests.

So im on my way

Thanks for reading lol :roll:
  2. Too slow! Keep going!

Now twice round my perfect 8 shaped body...GO!!!
  3. keep going man, when I first attempted the mile and a half on a treadmill I got 14 minutes something, after 2 or 3 weeks I was running it in around 10 minutes.
  4. Took me 5 months to get down from 14 to 13 minutes, then 2-3 weeks to get that to 10
    fcuked up ey?
  5. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Keep the faith. I was once a racing snake and could run all day, alas and alack that was about 35 years ago..... fond memories. Now I say fcuk it and jump in the motor!
  6. wow thats impressively slow, unless you are over 50 or smoke 50 a day in which case well done, good effort for not having a stroke.
  7. Lol dog-faced-soldier.... im quite overweight so its understandable....U try runing when u weigh like an elephant haha=]
  8. i too joined a gym i weigh 14.5 stone weights are a piece of cake but mwntion running and my body goes on lockdown
  9. Lol yeh. I mean i can do a good 10 minutes on the treadmill then my legs start to give up Ive started using a 6% gradient aswell. But im new to all the gym stuff. Im in ******* pain lol i got up for college and couldnt move
  10. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Don't eat so many pies then!
  11. im currently jogging for 20 mins then running full effort for 10 mins one day...then doing as many sit ups, chair dips, push ups etc as i can the next and just repeating the process. hopefully i will be actually running for longer soon...not jogging good luck with the training mate hopefully ill see you there if we get in lol
  12. Good news [Angler], your doing 6.5mph You're faster than a walking man but slower than Stephen Hawkings with his winter battery pack
  13. My Stamina is sh1te & i think ive got the shins of a 12 year old girl.
    Upper body is not too bad, im banging out 40 push ups, 50 sit ups and around 7 good heaves on the 2 minute mark. But im starting to think im just not built for speed. :oops:
    Im struggling to keep a steady jog for any amount of time and i end up limping around like a pensioner afterwards. Ive taken to doing a bit of cycling in between running days so im at least getting some cardio work done while my pitiful shins heal. Only been at it a couple weeks and coughing my lungs up from the years of smoke damage thats come back to haunt me. Just got to stick with it and keep pushing i suppose.
    Brings home what a pitiful state ive let myself get into though. :x
  14. hit the road because it is very different than running on a treadmill.
  15. It very easy to get your time down, I started on 13:59 3 push ups and 30 sit ups (I am a bird.....) Passed with a 12.07 43 Push ups and 52 sit ups. It took me about 2 months of full on gym ass bustin work. you will get there....keep going.