1.5 mile time confustion

Hi all.
And yes I have read the 1.5 mile ADSC thread.
I've also searched the forum and not found the answer to my specific question, which is about the 1.5 mile time at TSC(A) and after.
So I did ADSC some months ago and passed with a time of 12.30.
I am 42 and going to the Royal Engineers.
I was told the time was less at TSC and that there might be some age allowance.
I have seen time indications of everything between 10.30 and 13.15.
Can someone tell me, please; how fast do I need to do it and is there an age allowance.
You will be putting me out of my misery.
Thanks

The_Duke

LE
The time for a 42 year old to pass the 2.4Km run element of the PFA is 12 minutes. You will not need to go faster than that to pass anything during TSC (A), but failing to reach that level at unit means you fail the fitness assessment.

Don't forget to allow for the sit ups and press ups before hand - if you only just scrape it without doing them before, you are likely to fail when you have to.

The_Duke

LE
Have I been fed porkies as I was told 14.30?
41 and also going to RE. But I am female.
Thanks The_Duke.

Females get different timings. Over 40 in the Corps gives you something like 3 days, 4 shopping trips for shoes, a dozen NAAFI breaks and at least 12 occasions of breaking down into tears and sorting your hair out.

One Army!

Socksey

Clanker
Lol. ... I had thought it was the same time for male and females. And had thought that 14.30 was a little slow.... I'll aim for well under 12.00

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
For 40 to 44:

Press ups Male 35 Female 15
Sit ups: 37 (Male and female)
Run: Male 12 mins Female 12.30

Duke, just to clarify, females 40 - 44 should be completing the run in under 14.30 not 12.30 (even the under 30's get 13 mins).

The_Duke

LE
Duke, just to clarify, females 40 - 44 should be completing the run in under 14.30 not 12.30 (even the under 30's get 13 mins).
sup rec,

I read the OP as being for the times required for runs after ADSC. The APFA (or whatever name of the week is) is not an output standard for TSC (A) believe it or not, and Reserve recruits are first required to pass it at their units!

sup rec,

I read the OP as being for the times required for runs after ADSC. The APFA (or whatever name of the week is) is not an output standard for TSC (A) believe it or not, and Reserve recruits are first required to pass it at their units!

Chicks over the age of 40 don't have to run it in 12:30 to pass......they get the 14 mins odd the last poster alluded to.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

ImageUploadedByARRSE1403883020.363373.jpg

The_Duke

LE
Chicks over the age of 40 don't have to run it in 12:30 to pass......they get the 14 mins odd the last poster alluded to.

Apologies, brain fart on my part.

I didn't allow the full time for hair, make up and crying.

Haha... I'll come with my hair done.... on a diet so no pasty :-( best just go for it.... lol...

If you can't pass the PFA in 14 mins....I'd worry.

Actually, I'd be very concerned about the AFT if I were you.

Socksey

Clanker
Well.... With 6 weeks to go to the summer challenge and having had a few beers last night I decided to do the 2 mins pressups/setups and straight into the run... 54/73/12.40..... so.... Note to self have no beers before going and I really want that time less than 12.00 even if I am allowed to stop for a cup of tea in the middle....
Built for comfort not speed.... lol

Latest Threads