1.5 mile run ??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by stu.l, Jan 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IS it better or worse if your 1.5 mile run route is mostly up and down hill??

Cheers in advance Stu

2. well your times would be quicker on a flat route so your average running time wont necessarily be your best
    nuffz

3. The rules on the BFT say the route can have inclines/declines in but their must be an equal number of both. So you shouldn't be running more uphill than downhill or vice versa.

4. Ur surname lowe stu?

5. It can be good to help you train for flat ground, then again it can be bad due to overstraining/over-training and getting too used to running on inclines.

It is possible, your muscles have a memory ;)

6. I've ran various routes, and find it better, and my times faster, with a very flat route. Here in Fallingbostel it's great, where as Bovington was crappy because of the very small route, lots of laps, tight corners and hills.

7. In other words as long as it starts and fininshes in the same place it can be as hilly as they want!

8. Wrong stu on this forum, asked him. Ignore this.

9. Are you retarded?

Up hill = Slower
    Down hill = Faster
    Level = average of the above

10. No i'm not retarded, just curious, that ok with you?

11. Here u are mate, Clicky--> Runfinder, that's a site to measure exactly how far you're going without ufcking about driving round in a car or whatever, and it means that because you obviously know where the hilly roads are in your area, you can plan varied routes. Hope this helps.
    A

12. Thanks alot for that mate