1.5 mile run times.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by jgoddard13306, Feb 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello peeps. hoping to join the t.a (infantry) paperwork has been sent etc.
    so i thought id test my fitness, mapped out a 1.5 mile route. done it in 10:10, quite pleased considering i havnt done any training in quite a while. Gonna try and shave a fair chunk off that too with a bit off hard work! anyone else been doing their 1.5 miles??

2. Theres an entire thread devoted to this already. Search 1.5 mile run times. In fact here, go nuts. http://www.arrse.co.uk/regular-soldier-recruitment/84001-honest-what-s-your-1-5-mile-run-time.html

3. i am joining the army as either para or guards and just wondering wat the general time scales are from application to phase one. my running times are all under 10.30 so fitness isnt a problem.

4. You won't be joining the TA as a Guardsman. That said the time it takes from application to phase 1 depends on how quick you are with returning your paperwork, how good the unit recruiting team are, whether there are vacancies, etc. It can be done (albeit very rarely) in under a week, alternatively it can take months.

5. sorry put my post on the wrong fing, cheers for that tho mate