1.5 Mile run JE

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by JoshMillss, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What would my time need to be as a JE for the 1.5mile run at selection?
    I'm hoping to join the Paras (My favourite out of the 3 job briefs I selected).
    I need to know an exact time or atleast what I should AIM for.
    Many thanks.

2. you should be aiming for the best time you can do mate, ideally when you finish you should be so knackered you cannot breath and feel sick.
    dont aim for a specific time, just go for it

3. you should be aiming for the best time you can do mate, ideally when you finish you should be so knackered you cannot breath and feel sick.
    dont aim for a specific time, just go for it

4. well the para time is 9;40 at normal level, not sure how diff it is for JE

5. The_IRON
    LE

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:14 pm Post subject: Re: Standards For Military Fitness Reply to topic Reply with quote
    Ok just finished a recruiting Sgt post last year and for anybody trying to join the Army you can request a getting fit for the Army brochure from army careers website or from your local AFCO/ACIO.

The times that it says in the booklet are a basic level and he PSO's at selection are looking for the effort you are putting in and not just the times. For instance you could stroll round the course in 11 minutes chatting and not puttng the effort in and another person runs the whole thing in 11.28 blood and guts (he will pass and you will fail) anyone caught walking even for a metre will automatically fail aswell.

The timings also are based on what CEG(job) your going for and if your JE or SE.

The basic times were

Para SE 9.18
    Para JE 9.40

Inf around 10.30 but have known strong contenders pass selection with around 11.20 times

Under 11.30 if strong on other selection activities .

Girls under 12.30

Speak to reruiterswho will have current times PSO's are looking for.

Get yourselves on look at life courses will will show what your true levels are.

just pulled this from another thread courtesy of THE IRON

6. Oh right,Thanks for the answer :)
    I'll aim for 9 minutes,That way it'll set a good example!
    Cheeers!!

7. aiming for 9 minutes is alot easyer said than done mate :)

I have selection in 5 days time for the para's at pirbright and im running at 10:30 maybe more but it is all my fault really because i failed to properly prepare so ive got a feeling im going to fail so if you are aiming at 9 mins then make sure you get or make a programme and stick to it.

good luck.

8. like you say fella you have not prepared properly it sounds easier to this guy because hes putting the time and effort in and prep into his training all iwould say is dont go there with the fail thing on your mind go there run your ass off put in max effort and see what happens

all the best