1/3rd of Londoners are foreign

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Dec 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Census: Rise In Immigrants Boosts Population

Not much of a fan of London but the statistics are quite shocking

7.5 million foreign born people in the UK, one in three of the inhabitants of London born abroad. 9% of the current UK population do not speak English.

2. That's nothing; Last Tuesday 10% of my unit couldn't speak English, or anything at all for that matter. Which was a ****ing blessing.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Last time I was in the smoke, all the drunk beggars at Kings Cross were foreign.I found most of them unable to speak any recognisable form of English........

.....I believe they were Scottish!

• Like Like x 5
  4. And this comes as a surprise?

5. It does to me! I knew there was a lot of foreigners but a third???

• Like Like x 1
  6. Only a third? That's the number who registered. There are alot more out there.

7. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I am very surprised, I have traveled through large swathes of London, where I have been unable to see a shop sign in English. I thought it was about 50% of 'Landaners' were foreign to our shores.

And not one sign in 'weegie', discrimination I say.

8. I went to London last year on a 4 day trip, I was in shock and awe at how many dark skin tones there were, the only white folk who looked half local were Yank tourists trying desperately to make the Guards laugh (to no availe, I believe they were Coldstream Guards).
    Another thing I noticed was that when we went into McDonalds, the Arab looking fellas were picking on some poor Chinese guy. Oh, and they were throwing bangers through the doors. This was in Picadilly circus if I remember correct...

So yeah, I reckon when you can hardly spot a white face in the UK, there is something wrong.
    Wouldn't go back to London, ever

9. Are you sure you're not just dyslexic?

10. CanteenCowboy

CanteenCowboy LE Book Reviewer

I may be myopic and optically challenged, but even I, an ignorant Scotsman can spot the difference between Latin script and Arabic script.

11. Hang on... You were hanging around in Piccadilly Circus and near Buck House and you saw lots of foreigners? Any idea why, hmmm?

12. If the sight of all those nasty foreigners in London offends you, as does the Arab script on shops, never - ever - take a wrong turn off the M1 and go into Leicester.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I regard London as a hellhole and have avoided it strenuously for two decades, so have little personal experience. To hear some people go on, however, you'd think it was three-quarters rather than a third.

14. Gues what/

The ******* are here to stay!!

Well done Tony, Gordon etc. Well done.

Knobs

• Like Like x 5
  15. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Bless. Missing home are you? Here you go...

Weegie Starvers.JPG

We flogged the pad in London yonks ago so now we stay in hotels. All the staff are non Brit (except for the lads on the door in top hats, who appear to get paid a fortune to be Dick Van Dyke out of Mary Poppins). Same with bar, restaurant, museum, art gallery, theater...

Taxi drivers and the lads on the door at top hotels are the only remaining Cockneys in central London.

• Like Like x 1