Builds 1/35th scale White Scout car M3A1 with Eduard detail set

Chef

LE
Are you leaving the roller as is? It looks like it's a new replacement part*, rather like replacement bits on weathered aircraft, which would fit in with a bit of LAD work. You still get to put a bloke with a fag in the back after a busy day's work.

*I'd imagine the roller is a fairly unbreakable bit of the vehicle. Then I thought of all the unbreakable things we managed to break and we were only part time soldiers :)

It's right that people should be worried about the ancillaries being nicked. It looks as though the spare wheel has already gone.

the Airfix 1975 decals have been a mixed bag, I've no use for the big white star, they tend to break up, but the small formation insignia decals are holding up ok.
airfix side decal.png

rear airfix decal.png

Are you leaving the roller as is? It looks like it's a new replacement part*, rather like replacement bits on weathered aircraft, which would fit in with a bit of LAD work. You still get to put a bloke with a fag in the back after a busy day's work.

*I'd imagine the roller is a fairly unbreakable bit of the vehicle. Then I thought of all the unbreakable things we managed to break and we were only part time soldiers :)
I'm going for the in service in unit stance on this one, the roller, I'm guessing wouldn't do much unditching in the desert, but would still be sand blasted by sandstorms like the rest of it, there's the skate ring to weather up too. There would be gun covers, shame to cover the gun PE detail I'm going to fit though. The tools are going on, they would be vehicle colour and worn by "digging out".
tools desert yellow.png

Hope this link works. Spare wheel shown on right rear at 32 seconds in.
[/QUOTE]
broken link for me I'm afraid, thanks for trying to post it though, the above post was meant for you.

If it still doesn't work click the link in this page:

thanks for the links.

the Kit fifty cal has to be modified like the one above, the kit provides two .50 HMGs But I'm using one .50 and one .30.
fifty cal cut down with scale.png

with some PE it's beginning to look better.
fifty cal pe.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
the Airfix 1975 decals have been a mixed bag, I've no use for the big white star, they tend to break up, but the small formation insignia decals are holding up ok.
View attachment 491239
View attachment 491240
Interesting decal config. on the rear. Looks like RASC unit with 50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division. Strange having Black numbers; they were usually White except Signals, which were Red! I've only ever seen a superimposed Div sign on an AoS sign with 7th Armoured Div. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just different.

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hope these are of use.

British Infantry Division

OIP.jpeg

Airborne Division

1 AB Div AoS No..jpg

Arm of Service marks

armofservicec.jpg

Uniform sleeve AoS badges

World_War_II_British_battledress_arm_of_service_colors (1).png

Interesting decal config. on the rear. Looks like RASC unit with 50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division. Strange having Black numbers; they were usually White except Signals, which were Red! I've only ever seen a superimposed Div sign on an AoS sign with 7th Armoured Div. Doesn't mean it's wrong, just different.
alt decals.png

the other two British decal options in the kit, are either of these more likely for Western Desert use?

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
View attachment 491524
the other two British decal options in the kit, are either of these more likely for Western Desert use?
I have the same kit and the decals are exactly the same. I would like to know the AoS of the unit under the white knight on red ground. Not on that appears on the list!

I don't know if any colour changes for the desert, but if black was all there was available, that's what you used.

NSP

LE
I have the same kit and the decals are exactly the same. I would like to know the AoS of the unit under the white knight on red ground. Not on that appears on the list!

I don't know if any colour changes for the desert, but if black was all there was available, that's what you used.
Printing error and it should be green over blue, not green over white?

the mount corrected and primered in Halfords grey. There's always something a close up shows you, that superglue string going from spade grip to ejection port.
50 assembled and primed.png

Latest Threads