Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds 1/35th scale Panhard AML 90 Armoured car by Tiger Model

been waiting for a airbrush opportunity, now it's de-clogged and cleaned up, made a start at the tri-Colour scheme, OG, Dark grey and Terracotta brown.
three q head on.png

head on. A small unit with a massive punch. Now for a wash and some weathering.
tri colour scheme and wheels on a.png

back on the table and ready to be finished off, diorama base with the long long gun muzzle grounded into rising ground, in an "oh F.. Dear me* moment.
long barrel.png

the kit box has long gone , but the instructions are still here. the sand shield goes on the nose.
instructions for sand shield.png

the viewing periscopes still need to go in.
drivers hatch without periscopes.png

instructions for that step
instructions drivers hatch.png

thinking through my Diorama Idea, with a long gun on a short vehicle, undulating terrain could prove to be a problem, with the angle of the vehicle precipitating the muzzle into rising ground, is that a fair Diorama?
tilting hull and gun.png

thinking through my Diorama Idea, with a long gun on a short vehicle, undulating terrain could prove to be a problem, with the angle of the vehicle precipitating the muzzle into rising ground, is that a fair Diorama?
View attachment 516463
Knock out a few more Panhards and display them parked up outside the Globe (Port Stanley 1982) surround by the discarded Argie kit ). (Parts various being nicked by the Para's).

View attachment 516463

Ground appreciation, the crew would elevate the gun or traverse it over the side or back decks at the obstacle.

edit...
Chieftain advancing through a forest, the commander may traverse the gun through the desired gap in the trees before the tank started to turn.
(some trees may have been harmed during this)

Or in a village or junction the turret would turn before the tank to avoid taking out the oncoming traffic or someone's Laura Ashley's curtains.

Last edited:
finally got some glass made for this, a sandy base and a jerrycan completes the model. Here it is trial fitted into its case.
glass case a.jpg

glass case b.jpg

Latest Threads