Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds 1/35th scale M42 Duster by AFV Club

box top artwork.
it's here.png

box lid off.
box lid off.png

metal guns
steel gun barrels.png

first steps, the suspension arms and dampers
hull suspension stage two.png

the sprockets are attached to the flat of the teeth rather than a tooth, much better,
sprockets on frame.png

no distortion of the teeth when you remove it from the sprue
sprockets with tabs.png

Daz

LE
Looks cracking, but why such a slow build, we expected it done by breakfast this morning :)

there's a open area in the belly of the tank.
belly hole for hopper.png

there is a hopper in the hull below the gun turret.
hopper.png

feeding right through to the ground beneath.
hopper through view.png

Verlinden does a resin drivers compartment, costs more than the base kit, I'm scratch building some of it so the front hatches can be open.
front interior extra kit.jpg

that front hatch must be just an escape hatch, the final drives are at the rear. this image I took is a little indistinct, the hatch has been shot off. The interior void suggests a large drivers compartment.
tank hulk cenelager ranges b.png

offog

LE
that front hatch must be just an escape hatch, the final drives are at the rear. this image I took is a little indistinct, the hatch has been shot off. The interior void suggests a large drivers compartment.
View attachment 472631
I was thinking it would be the stirring unit but googling pictures you're right. You could have a party in there with lots of guests.

the drivers compartment made up as close as I can to the Verlinden resin aftermarket kit, from bits and pieces from the spares box, I'm leaving the front hatch closed, but the top hatches open.
drivers interior sprayed white.png

front plate is well detailed with the hatch spring and latch.
front plate attached to the hull.png

view from above, top hatches next.
hull front from above.png

resting on the rear deck is one of four air filter pipes, now this is where research comes in to see what colour it is, and is it rubber, steel, hard plastic.
air filter hose.png

Daz

LE
Coming on a treat

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
wrecks left in Vietnam have been stripped of parts, they'd make interesting model projects.
Interesting they don't mention the M107 - probably belongs to 5 Heavy Regt...

Latest Threads