Builds 1/35th scale King Tiger cut away

Top King tiger kit with full interior detail throughout. As the images were all lost in the downfall of my image host, I'll post them again in a brief version of the original build on the Military Modelling pages. So from start to finish, starting with the artwork and box lid off.
box art.jpg

box lid off again.jpg

cat in a Tiger box.jpg

No not this King Tiger (he wishes) the WW2 heavy tank of the Panzerwaffe. The main hull and turret parts.
king tiger external parts.jpg

Last edited:
making a start and a tough decision to cut the hull
upper hull cut.jpg

floor support beams
floor supports.jpg

assembling and painting the links of the track
painted tracks.jpg

early details around the drivers compartment
drivers lever.jpg

the drivers seat, a model in its own right
drivers seat constructed.jpg

fitted and painted
drivers seat painted.jpg

building up the transmission around the drivers position
gearbox in b.jpg

the turret machinery taking shape
turret floor.jpg

turret motor in place
turret motor join closed up.jpg

Engine parts
engine bay items awaiting primer.jpg

the engine block, made up from 55 parts
engine 55 parts.jpg

the track around the rear idler wheel
track rear idler position.jpg

tressels made from plasticard to support the hull
tressle hull stand.jpg

final stages of the weathering
final stages of weathering.jpg

the glass case for this is a must to stop it all falling apart when it gets dusty
glass case base.jpg

base made up of photo copied Tiger images from WW2
base pictures c.jpg

the tank in it's glass case, glass adds class.
glass adds class.jpg

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
Absolutely fantastic work there Sprocket. I remember this from earlier but it still amazes me how detailed the kit is and the quality of the finished item. A very different build and not one I think I’d be able to do.

Absolutely fantastic work there Sprocket. I remember this from earlier but it still amazes me how detailed the kit is and the quality of the finished item. A very different build and not one I think I’d be able to do.
cheers mate, I'll see if I can dig out other builds where the image host has given up and left me high and dry.

Last edited:
That is very nice Sprocket, I seem to recall Tamiya doing something similar years ago.
Just as matter of interest, the Sailing vessel behind .?

Bloody hell. That's 4 you've knocked out this weekend. Do you not sleep? Are there actually eight of you and you are really one of a number of Santa's elves masquerading under the call sign of @SPROCKET321?

@daz - he's done another one!!!!!

daz

LE
Bloody hell. That's 4 you've knocked out this weekend. Do you not sleep? Are there actually eight of you and you are really one of a number of Santa's elves masquerading under the call sign of @SPROCKET321?

@daz - he's done another one!!!!!
Erh, He's the BBC2 of Arrse*

*It's a repeat :)

That is very nice Sprocket, I seem to recall Tamiya doing something similar years ago.
Just as matter of interest, the Sailing vessel behind .?
He did that on Friday. There are another 10 to the right of the one you can see, and 7 on the floor - they were last Wednesday:oops:

Latest Threads