Builds 1/32 TBM-3 Gruman Avenger from Trumpter

Looks like Prince Charles :)
which is worrying - if you look in the Wokka thread one of the aircrew looks like Prince William.......

daz

LE
which is worrying - if you look in the Wokka thread one of the aircrew looks like Prince William.......
Just need one that looks like Prince Phillip shouting at the natives to complete the set :)

Pressed on a bit. I’ve done sod all on this for the best part of 10 months so it’s taking a bit to get back into it.

I bought eduard etch for it. I normally avoid this stuff mostly but looks like the avenger etch is worth using

ACB019CA-2D49-47E5-995E-421A38B0164E.jpeg

cracking on with the wings now.

61B82166-A06D-4435-836A-CE7658B9771A.jpeg

I’ve had a bit of a disaster in the last few months which I thought I’d got away with. The mrs bought one of those stupid fcuking robot hoovers and it managed to get into the model box which was on the floor. Anyway. The fcuking thing has eaten some bits which I will have to scratch build. The b@stard....

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve had a bit of a disaster in the last few months which I thought I’d got away with. The mrs bought one of those stupid fcuking robot hoovers and it managed to get into the model box which was on the floor. Anyway. The fcuking thing has eaten some bits which I will have to scratch build. The b@stard....
That'll learn ya.

You want me to answer that?

The Wokka is an ethereal concept, a bit like sex with the ex-wife. It doesn't exist but I can picture it.
I am absolutely categorically back on it after I finish this Avenger

Cracking on with the wings at the minute due to a minor disaster

A0D0B520-E3DE-4F09-AD01-8B7E8674773F.jpeg

this is where I start to use some of the etch from Eduard. Can’t stand the stuff normally as I always end up binning most of the packs as they make bits out of brass for the sake of it.

anyway. Filled the slits in the wing with Milliput which is two part resin. That little tool you can see is a micro chisel. Ace bit of kit. The chisel blades start at .5mm and go up to 2mm. Got mine from sprucebrothers.com

B4C92A67-44C6-4F53-B507-F232A9DB5C0D.jpeg

this is going to be bloody big.

3A6C358B-47D7-4D24-92CF-8654E74B2B43.jpeg

as you can see. Only one bit..... the others were eaten by the mrs’ hoover, so I’ll have to scratch make them tomoz. This is stoping me finishing the fuselage. I did write to the manufacturer for spare bits but they are aIn China and haven’t bother responding. The b@stards......

Here’s the etch going in. Not sure if any of this will be seen unless I fold the wings, in which case why the pilot......?

EF170514-2450-4070-AC40-3242CC7CBC8B.jpeg

9 month Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................................................................Huh?
Oh......the builds back on, yaaaaaaay!!

Seriously, it's looking good as is, I don't know how you chaps have the patience for the brass etching but I do admire the kits that have it.

daz

LE
Here’s the etch going in. Not sure if any of this will be seen unless I fold the wings, in which case why the pilot......?

View attachment 424314
Well, you could have him doing the engine and wing fold test ... otherwise you're not going to see it, just dont forget the wiring :)

9 month Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..............................................................................Huh?
Oh......the builds back on, yaaaaaaay!!

Seriously, it's looking good as is, I don't know how you chaps have the patience for the brass etching but I do admire the kits that have it.
Been pretty busy at work the last 9 months so had to completely drop the modelling. Things are a bit more quiet, so time to pick it up again

Back on it for an hour before I have to do some work......

This is where etch really scores but it’s a pain in the arse to do

1A755F5B-19C9-4B19-AD9A-2C15273ACD5B.jpeg

CD774E52-B428-45D8-9DEF-CC4EAB573DE5.jpeg

Ooh, that's a tidy piece of workmanship there. Should look the nuts when it's all in place.
thank you. It’s fiddly and there’s a lot of etch but it should be worth it

Latest Threads