Builds 1/32 TBM-3 Gruman Avenger from Trumpter

That Cockpit Green looks more olive there.
Should be a Bronze Green depending on aircraft maker, Grumman built aircraft would have Bronze Green cockpit areas, later replaced with Dull Dark Green, with other areas interior green, whereas Eastern built aircraft would have interior green throughout as a rule of thumb.

That Cockpit Green looks more olive there.
It’s the light - it’s not natural light. It’s much darker in daylight.

Not a great offering. FAA would have thicker jackets and trousers. Bit parky over the Atlantic with just a wooly jumper.
That’s why I’m sort in the place of cutting the tiffy pilot up a bit. Right period for d-day also

Made a start on the burms

IMG_6247.jpg

I was hoping to be able to fill the joins with Mr Surfacer 500 but looking at the front two which have been sanded down, its looking like I'll have to spray Mr Surfacer 1200 on them. Needed to get the soldering kit out tomoz if I get the chance to do the fins for them as well.

IMG_0774.jpg

Engine mounted also which is another step forward

Made a start on the burms

View attachment 368976

I was hoping to be able to fill the joins with Mr Surfacer 500 but looking at the front two which have been sanded down, its looking like I'll have to spray Mr Surfacer 1200 on them. Needed to get the soldering kit out tomoz if I get the chance to do the fins for them as well.

View attachment 368978

Engine mounted also which is another step forward
Thats really motoring along Si

Thats really motoring along Si
Bit of focus. It will grind to a halt sharp enough though unfortunately. Got to do the worky thing on Monday and a house full tomoz.

I wish I'd picked up a decent set of etch for the instruments - it makes a huge difference.

done a bit on the bombs tonight

IMG_0775.jpg

Next as an application of 1200 Mr Surfacer as a primer/filler then a coat of yellow for the stripe

IMG_0777.jpg

A bit of progress with the gun and turret

IMG_0799.jpg

Still got stacks to do on the gun

IMG_0796.jpg

and the glasswork

That glass-work looks like it will be a right pain to mask up - the turret, however looks sweet
Just putting the second coat of Klear on it.

Decent paint arrived today, so I've redone the bombs

IMG_0803.jpg

I'll have to do the yellow stripes on top, which is unfortunate.

IMG_0804.jpg

FAA here we come

Latest Threads