Builds 1/32 Douglas Dauntless SBD5 from Trumpeter

Came on a treat that Si.....oddly enough, I've now got a spare book for the units flying those aircraft in the Pacific theatre
IMG_4432.jpg

Getting these on, sticking the canopy and wiring the comms is all that remains to finish it. I've just got a second coat of matt varnish on, so its nearly done. Note the snap in the centre of the antenna that sits on the undersurface of the wing.....

Few shots as I roll into the final furlong.....

IMG_5672.jpg

Ordnance fitted

IMG_6888.jpg

Light covers fitted - the glue on the red ones will dry clear.

IMG_8482.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

IMG_0510.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

dropped the bloody bit that attached the release mechanism to the fuselage and its gone.......
IMG_0444.jpg

the viewing panel needs to go in
IMG_0372.jpg

Few shots as I roll into the final furlong.....

View attachment 357817
Ordnance fitted

View attachment 357818

Light covers fitted - the glue on the red ones will dry clear.

View attachment 357819
View attachment 357820
View attachment 357821
View attachment 357822
dropped the bloody bit that attached the release mechanism to the fuselage and its gone.......
View attachment 357823
the viewing panel needs to go in
View attachment 357825
Nice break line :) .....the rest of it looks ace as well :)

A little bit of filler to blend in the straps, but thats the pilot in.

IMG_2350.jpg

Made a bit more progress.

IMG_0042.jpg

Can decide if I've overdone the canopy with the pain flaking off

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

Really stunning work. Very annoying :)

The canopy frames on wartime machines looked well scuffed (at least from the pictures I've seen in books and the like). I'd say you've hit the right amount of scuffing on that lot.
Really stunning work. Very annoying :)
Thanks lads. Just about to wire up the antenna

very close to the end now.

I've fitted the wire on the antenna.

IMG_2171.jpg

so the best source of wire is..................... anyone with long hair in the house.

IMG_1333.jpg

I re-made the bit thats now black, having lost the last one I made. One of the really irritating things about Trumpeter kits is they are often shipped with parts missing, and yep - this is one of them. Its in the instructions for assembly, but not on the plastic spruces. They never made the bloody thing.

so its on now

IMG_6221.jpg

so the only thing that remains to be done is a bit of spray on the black bit, and I'm nearly there..

I've got very little interest in modelling, and I'll be honest I was getting quite annoyed by the volume of threads appearing a little while back. Then I mistakenly opened up your Chinook build, and have been hooked on them ever since.

I can't think I'll ever turn to modelling, but I really appreciate and admire the skill, patience and attention you (and others) have. My guilty secret is your Chinook thread is now my favourite topic on ARRSE. Well, it's a close second to the cat one, but that's high praise indeed from me.

I think this model looks fantastic, and I've really enjoyed watching it being built. So thanks!

I've got very little interest in modelling, and I'll be honest I was getting quite annoyed by the volume of threads appearing a little while back. Then I mistakenly opened up your Chinook build, and have been hooked on them ever since.

I can't think I'll ever turn to modelling, but I really appreciate and admire the skill, patience and attention you (and others) have. My guilty secret is your Chinook thread is now my favourite topic on ARRSE. Well, it's a close second to the cat one, but that's high praise indeed from me.

I think this model looks fantastic, and I've really enjoyed watching it being built. So thanks!
Thanks mate. I'm not sure if you've picked up why we are on with them but the hope is it will encourage lads (and lasses) with issues that they have been left with following the various outings the British Army have had over the last few years. Its a great escape from everything shite that's going on around you as when you are modelling, you switch off. The professionals call it 'mindfullness' .

Anyway. Glad you like it. The plan was to go onto the Wokka next, but the World Way One Group Build starts on the 1st Nov, so I will be on that.

I do plan to do the Wokka in parallel to the Mk 1 Tank though:), so hopefully one thing will be over by Christmas....

Right. Its finished. Thanks f**k for that

IMG_0113 2.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

Truly stunning work there. It has been a joy to watch your account of putting it together.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Re the pilots mate touch in the goggle lenses with a gloss varnish, for a glass effect. That plane is a work of art.