Builds 1/24 Scale Hawker Harrier airframe number XV744

That wasn't to ignore the rest as it's a nice diorama but those features do a great job of setting the background.
There used to be a bloke in the late 80s early 90s who used to make those diorama buildings in plaster. I know he's past on now, but I believe he's stuff was sold to a producer. There's another of Dads collection I'll be posting soon with one of his buildings.

at last the model is finished, in it's glass case, ready to be delivered to the Museum tomorrow morning. Dropped by there today, closed to the public for some maintenance and a general re-org. So I made a clear spot on a desk in the staff only room. Not that I'm staff, I'm a volunteer model maker. If I had a badge, that's what it would say, but I'd have to do the jobsworth Health and safety course that goes with any Badge issue, so I'll avoid a badge....sure would like a badge.

when the model is placed on display, probably some time next year, I'll take some pictures and post them on here. Maybe get some official staff in the picture.... wearing their badges.

at last the model is finished, in it's glass case, ready to be delivered to the Museum tomorrow morning. Dropped by there today, closed to the public for some maintenance and a general re-org. So I made a clear spot on a desk in the staff only room. Not that I'm staff, I'm a volunteer model maker. If I had a badge, that's what it would say, but I'd have to do the jobsworth Health and safety course that goes with any Badge issue, so I'll avoid a badge....sure would like a badge.
Sorry. but you need this clip :)

Last edited:
So it's back on my bench, displacing the Mary Rose build, as it's now urgent. The museum called and they bumped it moving it into the exhibition. There are two days till the opening day on saturday, so fixing this has become a rush job, not much pressure then....

1. slide a scalpel blade along the bottom edge and cut the bonded glass dome free.
2. repair the wing leg, nose pitot and any other damage.
3. consider alternative ways to re-inforce the model on the base or , considering the time constraint, just bond down the same as before.
4. repair damage to base edge caused by cutting the dome free.
5. re glue dome back down and let dry overnight
6. take it back to the museum and place it in the exhibition myself.

Bit of artificial grass and a splash of mud underneath and you've re-created the "landing" during the Falklands episode which made a Rock need an underwear change. Job jobbed.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
So it's back on my bench, displacing the Mary Rose build, as it's now urgent. The museum called and they bumped it moving it into the exhibition. There are two days till the opening day on saturday, so fixing this has become a rush job, not much pressure then....

1. slide a scalpel blade along the bottom edge and cut the bonded glass dome free.
3. consider alternative ways to re-inforce the model on the base or , considering the time constraint, just bond down the same as before.
You left out call the museum every name under the sun.

7. Beat the living crap out of the tit that did it......

it made it all the way to Tangmere in one piece, but didn't survive being moved from the Curators office across the corridor to the exhibition room. See what I can do.
Two copper pipes cut to short lengths painted sky blue with screws bonded inside to just poke out the tops, small holes drilled in the bottom of the fuselage, screw them in, then bond the ends of the pipes to the base board. that should hold it....I hope.

That is a thing of beauty!
I can see you're a busy man so I shall be quick.

How do you get such a crisp line between the upper and lower?
I take it you use a spray gun and some very expensive masking tape?

That is a thing of beauty!
I can see you're a busy man so I shall be quick.

How do you get such a crisp line between the upper and lower?
I take it you use a spray gun and some very expensive masking tape?
I use B&Q ordinary masking tape for general use, Tamiya yellow masking tape for the actual demarkation line, check out page 3 &4.