1/2 billion cost of House of commons

The BBC have said that the House of Lords have revieled the cost of running Gorden Brown and the 646 thieves It is an astounding £500.000.000. this works out ar 646 MPs costing £773.993. each FFS, What do they do with that amount of money? the mind boggles

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone on here was recently complaining about the cost of the Royal family, which, by comparison is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, and brings in far more than it spends.

tropper66 said:
............... the cost of running Gorden Brown and the 646 thieves ................
I like the description - very good :D

We must not forget the Farce of Lords. 92 good men and women, chosen by God or Fate, and the rest: cronies of Bliar and 'Clown' Brown.

Whatever, half a billion pounds!

C'mon Cameron with your plan to reduce the bottom-feeding, muck-munching, expenses gobbling, third-rate gang of no-hopers by 'a lot'.

C'mon Cameron with your plan to reduce the bottom-feeding, muck-munching, expenses gobbling, third-rate gang of no-hopers by 'a lot'.[/quote]

BRING IT ON :!:

Much as I hate being fair to them (Oh god, I feel dirty & not in a good way) that £1/2 bill is for the Commons & Lords so its mearly ~£360k/head.

I suspect the lighting/heating/maintaince bills of building of that age & size are a sizable chunk

Andy71 said:
Much as I hate being fair to them (Oh god, I feel dirty & not in a good way) that £1/2 bill is for the Commons & Lords so its mearly ~£360k/head.

I suspect the lighting/heating/maintaince bills of building of that age & size are a sizable chunk
No That is just the Commons, the House of Lords costs a mear£106.5m down from £152.5m last year

tropper66 said:
Andy71 said:

No That is just the Commons, the House of Lords costs a mear£106.5m down from £152.5m last year
At £143,000 each it almost makes The House of Lords value for Money LOL

tropper66 said:
tropper66 said:
Andy71 said:

At £143,000 each it almost makes The House of Lords value for Money LOL
Unless his name is Fooooookes

The figures given today are £30,000,000, down on last year

The amount of cash these wonkers have spent is just amazing

What's the price of 2 tonnes of explosives these days? I bet it's a lot cheaper than running that 'a-ruining of the nation'

tropper66 said:
Andy71 said:

According to the BBC the 1/2 bill is the total cost

"cost of running the Lords fell from £152.5m to £106.5m....the total cost of keeping the Commons going increased from £379.2m to £391.8m
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8208590.stm

Andy71 said:
tropper66 said:
Andy71 said:

According to the BBC the 1/2 bill is the total cost

"cost of running the Lords fell from £152.5m to £106.5m....the total cost of keeping the Commons going increased from £379.2m to £391.8m
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8208590.stm
The piece has been re-written and re-edited since my first post at 7,30 it is now timed at 9.03 somone has dona a bit of Smoke and Mirrors in the last two hours

The Ministry of Propaganda has been busy

Even the Headline has been changed from "£500m cost of Parliment"
to "Cost of Parliment falls"

tropper66 said:
The piece has been re-written and re-edited since my first post at 7,30 it is now timed at 9.03 somone has dona a bit of Smoke and Mirrors in the last two hours

The Ministry of Propaganda has been busy

Even the Headline has been changed from "£500m cost of Parliment"
to "Cost of Parliment falls"
Bloody good show 'trooper66' for keeping an eye on the Ministry of Propaganda, Lies and Distortion (aka the BBC - proprietor P.Mandelson).

How an organisation, once admired and trusted throughout the world, can be such a dishonest and deceptive tool of a quasi-totalitarian and failed government defies belief.

Keep up the good work 'tropper66', but be sure to differ from the government by telling the truth!

tropper66 said:
The BBC have said that the House of Lords have revieled the cost of running Gorden Brown and the 646 thieves It is an astounding £500.000.000. this works out ar 646 MPs costing £773.993. each FFS, What do they do with that amount of money? the mind boggles

...is the total cost for the Houses of Parliament. It is also down by a few tens of millions of pounds.

Admittedly, the Commons is about £12m more expensive, with the Lords cutting their costs by £40-something million.

That cost also includes officials, building maintenance (of which there is a lot. Building is pretty much falling apart) and shiteloads of correspondence.

Mind you, something like £157m is on MPs salaries and pensions....

153m divided by 646 is still £243,000 for each MP

I didn't say it was a reasonable expense!

Most of it comes, as I understand it, from all the ex-MPs with their (very enviable) pensions.

Biped said:
Someone on here was recently complaining about the cost of the Royal family, which, by comparison is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, and brings in far more than it spends.
Difference is the Crown Estate pays about £200 Milion a year to HM Treasury. MP's just take....

Latest Threads