1/2 billion cost of House of commons

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tropper66, Aug 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The BBC have said that the House of Lords have revieled the cost of running Gorden Brown and the 646 thieves It is an astounding £500.000.000. this works out ar 646 MPs costing £773.993. each FFS, What do they do with that amount of money? the mind boggles

2. 2nd homes, houses for ducks, couple of prozzies, lovers residence etc soon mounts up

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Someone on here was recently complaining about the cost of the Royal family, which, by comparison is cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, and brings in far more than it spends.

4. Cromwells words are coming back
    "Gentlemen , this place stinks of corruption"
    or similar

5. I like the description - very good :D

We must not forget the Farce of Lords. 92 good men and women, chosen by God or Fate, and the rest: cronies of Bliar and 'Clown' Brown.

Whatever, half a billion pounds!

C'mon Cameron with your plan to reduce the bottom-feeding, muck-munching, expenses gobbling, third-rate gang of no-hopers by 'a lot'.

6. C'mon Cameron with your plan to reduce the bottom-feeding, muck-munching, expenses gobbling, third-rate gang of no-hopers by 'a lot'.[/quote]

BRING IT ON :!:

7. Much as I hate being fair to them (Oh god, I feel dirty & not in a good way) that £1/2 bill is for the Commons & Lords so its mearly ~£360k/head.

I suspect the lighting/heating/maintaince bills of building of that age & size are a sizable chunk

8. No That is just the Commons, the House of Lords costs a mear£106.5m down from £152.5m last year

9. It used to be the Mother of Parliaments.

Now it's just a Whore.

10. At £143,000 each it almost makes The House of Lords value for Money LOL

11. Unless his name is Fooooookes

12. The figures given today are £30,000,000, down on last year

The amount of cash these wonkers have spent is just amazing

13. What's the price of 2 tonnes of explosives these days? I bet it's a lot cheaper than running that 'a-ruining of the nation'

14. According to the BBC the 1/2 bill is the total cost

"cost of running the Lords fell from £152.5m to £106.5m....the total cost of keeping the Commons going increased from £379.2m to £391.8m
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8208590.stm

15. The piece has been re-written and re-edited since my first post at 7,30 it is now timed at 9.03 somone has dona a bit of Smoke and Mirrors in the last two hours

The Ministry of Propaganda has been busy

Even the Headline has been changed from "£500m cost of Parliment"
    to "Cost of Parliment falls"