Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds 1/12 scale model Girl on a Hayabusa Bike, glass case and base making.

Viz walt

I

Gilda Texter walt
ETA. You meet the nicest people on a Honda.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Actually, adding a manhole, some white line paint and some leaves would resonate with motorcyclists...

Don't forget an empty crisp packet, some diesel and a fosters can

lert

LE
Actually, adding a manhole, some white line paint and some leaves would resonate with motorcyclists...
If you really want it to resonate with motorcyclists, you'll need to add sound....

Revving the arrse off a hairdryer as if it were the start line at Brands Hatch not a quiet suburban street should do it. Obviously you'd need some kind of time control as well to make sure it only 'goes off' at 7am on a Sunday.

As an aside...
A local boozer. Note the slope on the left.

One day, when the place was packed, some girly in the full shiny leathers pitched up on a shiny-as-hell Harley.
Very much a 'look at me' type.
Stopped on the ramp, and must have stalled it a dozen times trying to getup the slope.
Eventually she managed - to rousing applause.

NSP

LE
As an aside...

One day, when the place was packed, some girly in the full shiny leathers pitched up on a shiny-as-hell Harley.
Stopped on the ramp, and must have stalled it a dozen times trying to getup the slope.
What's the hi-viz there for? Bouncer? COVID enforcer...? Surely not the maitre d'...?!

If you really want it to resonate with motorcyclists, you'll need to add sound....

Revving the arrse off a hairdryer as if it were the start line at Brands Hatch not a quiet suburban street should do it. Obviously you'd need some kind of time control as well to make sure it only 'goes off' at 7am on a Sunday.

Are you my neighbour that has to listen to that every Sunday? Guy has an absolute mint RC30 and no wonder as it gets rolled out his shed every week, started, revved up, goes thirty yards to paper shop and back and put away!!!! Criminal if you ask me.

the glass being assembled using masking tape to hold it in place as the glue dries.
glass assembly.png

some grass laid on and into PVA glue to give the impression of a grass verge creeping slowly over the tarmac surface.
grass verge a.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Oyibo

LE
As an aside...

I used to live very close to the Blue Peter. Great place

as per Helm's suggestion, a hint of white drybrushing into the hair followed by a wash of brown.
hair with hint of white and dk brown b.png

Last edited:
there will be more Motorcycle Sluttery coming soon with this white metal figure matched up with...
another cheeky girl b.jpg

this classic british Motorbike and classic Airfix kit by the way. The kit is part made from a way back, you may remember it. the figure is 80mm tall, so she should be able to handle it.
another bike project.png