Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Builds 1/12 scale model Girl on a Hayabusa Bike, glass case and base making.

The model itself is already built and painted, It's a return from Sussex Model Centre where she's been on display in their glass cabinet at the front of the shop, Paul the shop manager/owner has asked me to glass it and price it as he's had a few enquiries about buying it. So here it is, ready for cleaning up.
prior to base  in daylight d .png

the figure came as a resin kit, but the bike was already made and painted and marked up when I brought it
prior to base  in daylight c .png

she looks better from some angles than others, I'm not much of a figure modeller, I find I learn it all over again every time I sit down to do figure painting. There are lots of tutorials on the web and on our own figure painting thread here on Arrse.
prior to base  in daylight a .png

if she looks like a bit of a slut, it's not her fault, I painted her that way.
prior to base  in daylight b .png

the tight black biker suit has lost it's Sheen. So a look at brightening that up might be on the cards. Though it is a motorcycle outfit, rather than a dominatrix one.
prior to base e.png

Might want to put on some boots-or a heel, at least- for the poor cow :cool:

Army Rumour Service Modeling thread would like it to be known that it in no way endorses the use of Glamour footwear over riding boots where motorcycle road safety is at stake, no Resin Ladies, motorcycle sluts, or otherwise were harmed in the making of this modelling page.
footwear.png

sand, for the use of..... road making, always handy to have some in a pot ready.
sand for a base.png

a thin even layer of pva glue spread over the wood base, followed by a sprinkling of sand.
base a.png

when it's had time to dry, a coat of Halfords grey primer, followed by Halfords rattle can matt black.
black coat on base.png

Sprocket - how many hours are there in your days? Are you of this planet that only has 24 hours in a day?

I ask because.... how the Hell do you fit everything in????

Sprocket - how many hours are there in your days? Are you of this planet that only has 24 hours in a day?

I ask because.... how the Hell do you fit everything in????
this was in between making Hedgehog house number two, Mrs Sprocket insisted it has a porch, so it was a problem screwing it on from outside. as it's only thin ply, the answer, late in the process, bolt it on.
hoggy house two.png

I'm slacking as I haven't managed to get the right cylinder head, off the VW Beetle engine.
oil cooler a.png

Last edited:
On the subject of the glass case, have you considered using a dome to avoid joints?

Something like this:

That was the result of a quick search. There may be something of better shape and size elsewhere.

On the subject of the glass case, have you considered using a dome to avoid joints?

Something like this:

That was the result of a quick search. There may be something of better shape and size elsewhere.
the glass I use costs me £10 per model case, If I spend £89 on a dome it would cover something like a priceless meteorite, if I had one.

Last edited:

Latest Threads