007 villains and their high tech world domination feasible or realistic?

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Raven2008, Mar 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In this day and age when you can get and buy anything above or below the global counter - as opposed to a few decades ago such as combat aircraft, helos and warships and of course tactical weaponary. Also theres the odd threat by terrorists regarding nukes? And Osama preaches his threat to the western world like say Blofield on live tv.

So take Moonraker - space entrepreneur and manufacturer has a dark side, builds his shuttles and launches them from Brazil from silos in the Amazonian jungle - forget fiction take reality would the Brazilian government say or do nothing if someone did this? Or would they take it as their piece of land is good for launching the space race and sign all sorts of agreements with said manufacturer so he can base his launch pads there albeit drilling into the mountaineous caverns.

All how about You Only Live Twice - some despot government uses a criminal organisation to launch their rocket to nick the Wests space capsules -(not all that difficult to lay hands on say an ex Sov ICBM and re build it) but how about constructing a silo type launcher in a disused volcano or mountain in a neutral country? Wouldn't anyone twig something like that happening on their patch?

Or in The Spy Who Loved Me - how about nicking a 'boomer' sub by interfering with the systems and making the crew surface to be swallowed up by a super vessel to launch Armageddon? I suppose with EW developments it probably wouldnt be difficult at all?

Cheers

2. What are volcanoes normally used for?

• Like Like x 3
  3. You will all find out as soon as my space based underwater drug smuggling nuclear earthquake laser voodoo weapon is finished....

4. It's already started! From little acorns, etc...

Better order a few aircraft carriers, just to be on the safe side.

5. What was the one with the newspaper bloke?

He may have been trying to take over the world but at least he wasn't phone hacking.

Guess somethings are too out of order even for a Jim Bond plotline?

• Like Like x 1
  6. AND ANOTHER THING,

Where would our latter day Blofeld recruit his henchmen?

Jobcentre plus?
    Not exactly secure from being caught at the first interview stages.
    and where does he outfit said henchmen once successfully recruited?
    Local Millets or Army Surplus?
    I think not, they'd be onto the local police like a rat up a drain pipe.

7. Those bods at MI7 have a few good gadgets, just ask (Sir) Johnny English.;-)

8. China. Recruiting and outfitting. There are billions of the blighters and they can knock you up a set of evil henceman outfits in about 5 minutes in a choice of colours.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Recruiting henchmen is easy. You need a bunch of deviant, amoral bastards who'll do anything for cash? Try the "jobs" section on Arrse.

10. see you've both made my point.
    any half decent int officer at '5 or '6 would look here and scupper the plans
    unless govt spending means that too has been outsourced to the far east.....

11. **** the job section, just recruit the user base.

12. Our late lamented Defence Minister - Dr. Liam Fox and his bosom buddy Adam Werritty have associations with Universal Exports Charity Foundation, who allegedly posted some £60,000 into Adam's hotel and travelling expenses.

Now, Universal Exports, where have I come across that name? Oh yes, It was Ian Fleming's cover name in the Bond series for SIS. Doesn't life imitate art on occasions?

13. Tomorrow never dies, had to study it as part of my media module on how media moguls can affect and shape the news in the 21st century.

14. This made me chuckle :)

15. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Plus they can all use the same ID card.

• Like Like x 2