Builds 007 James Bond 1/24 scale Little Nellie Gyrocopter

Almost there, and its looking great
Cheers daz, it's getting there slowly as each stage has to dry before the next. The missile decals to each side of the pilots seat went on easier than expected. The red tips of the heat seeking missiles and the dog nose are next.

the instruction sheet for the side mounted rocket pods, looks like Airfix deleted a spring inside that, probably due to Grandad getting shot at as he was watching Mary Poppins. Elf n safety n all that.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Cheers daz, it's getting there slowly as each stage has to dry before the next. The missile decals to each side of the pilots seat went on easier than expected. The red tips of the heat seeking missiles and the dog nose are next.

the instruction sheet for the side mounted rocket pods, looks like Airfix deleted a spring inside that, probably due to Grandad getting shot at as he was watching Mary Poppins. Elf n safety n all that.
Not back then it wasn't or is the kit a re-release?

it is a re release, from a few years ago, pre 2000, not sure if the kit was made after that.
nose black, unsure yet if to include the figure, or if to fit the rotor crutches seen in the foreground.

it is a re release, from a few years ago, pre 2000, not sure if the kit was made after that.
nose black, unsure yet if to include the figure, or if to fit the rotor crutches seen in the foreground.
I'd go for the crutches, no knocking your work @SPROCKET321 but that figure is fugly and detracts from your build

you may be right, figures have always been my weakest area. An area I'm determined to improve upon, but I may have to admit defeat this time.

I suspect that even Michelangelo would struggle to made that casting look good

The kit was originally a 1968 release along with the Toyota 2000GT , it didn't see daylight again until 2000 or so, are you adding the twin machine guns ?

you may be right, figures have always been my weakest area. An area I'm determined to improve upon, but I may have to admit defeat this time.

I like the idea of the camera, it being just a lens bolted onto the helmet. Then fact follows fiction and people are running around with GoPro cameras of roughly the same size on helmets.

I like the idea of the camera, it being just a lens bolted onto the helmet. Then fact follows fiction and people are running around with GoPro cameras of roughly the same size on helmets.
But at least 007 is not wearing badly stuffed Lycra :)

This video has just popped up on YouTube that shows the model completed, and references the film as well.

aha, you found my video, actually he did it all the same way I did, assembling the nose off the model, he has a point about the figure in the model, I'm just off out to pick him out of the wheely bin and give the figure another chance, never say never again, oh wrong film.

still to go, gun muzzles, rotors, mine chutes and windscreen.

Rotor blades and travel locks on, barrels on, needs them painting still, in that clip above, the ground crewman removes the travel locks from the blades and they are painted orange, have to get on with that later.

in the background a Harrier made a forced landing and it remains to be seen if it gets put back together or ends up getting scrapped.

Rotor blades and travel locks on, barrels on, needs them painting still, in that clip above, the ground crewman removes the travel locks from the blades and they are painted orange, have to get on with that later.

in the background a Harrier made a forced landing and it remains to be seen if it gets put back together or ends up getting scrapped.
Travel locks should be dark red.

But that is a very nice and flat looking yellow on it's nose cone.

Also you wouldn't happen to have a source for the plans at the start of the thread for the army version? A picture that htey based it off? As I found some notes on the army adoption of the autogiro. They even suggested fixing a Malkara control unit to it. Then they went really silly and suggested a Orange William control unit.

Travel locks should be dark red.

But that is a very nice and flat looking yellow on it's nose cone.

Also you wouldn't happen to have a source for the plans at the start of the thread for the army version? A picture that they based it off? As I found some notes on the army adoption of the autogiro. They even suggested fixing a Malkara control unit to it. Then they went really silly and suggested a Orange William control unit.
this is from the Airfix instruction sheet, all I have on the Middle Wallop Version

I'm an idiot.. should have spotted that Middle Wallop note before.. because
it unlocks:
excellent picture of it, and a Cheeky Morris Minor poking out behind the tail of the Stinson. Interesting to note the nose wheel is off the ground and the tail appears to have a caster wheel of it's own.

Last edited: