Builds 007 James Bond 1/24 scale Little Nellie Gyrocopter

the main chassis rail with the rotor hub attached

next comes the fuel tank, this attaches around the main hub pole

the join can only be tidied up with sandpaper once it's on, and the join is very 1960s.

from above it looks like this, tapering towards the back

A lot of Wing Commander Ken Wallis collection is held by the Flixton Aircraft Museum Nr Bungay, Suffolk.
Ken Wallis was the Chairman and left his Aircraft to the museum. The last time I was there Little Nel was on show.

fit of parts has been ok, with a little bit of cleaning up and minimal filler, so far so good.
Looks nice....but that does the joystick connect too?

it actually tips the whole rotor base to increase the angle of the blades, here it is connected, with a brown trousered Mr Bond in the background.

it actually tips the whole rotor base to increase the angle of the blades, here it is connected, with a brown trousered Mr Bond in the background.
Flying that.....uhmmmm, explains the brown trousers :)

Flying that.....uhmmmm, explains the brown trousers :)
I'm sure they are standard Q branch issue with Little Nellie.

The helmet camera is, as has been mentioned, way too big, so it's being sanded off and re profiled, I'll scratch build and new cine camera on this of most dorky of James Bond outfits. Though not as daft as the duck top scuba kit from Thunderball or the clown gear in Octopussey.

took a tip from Adam Savage's model making thread on u tube. he cut the bottom off a diet Coke can to make a disposable glue pool, I'm using the same idea for thinner and paint.

the simplest ideas are always the best, works a treat, here's the first coat of wash on the motor.

in the foreground pilots seat, air intakes, instrument panel. the kit layed out behind after a spray coat of Halfords grey primer. We should get sponsorship from Halfords the amount of time their grey primer is mentioned on our modelling thread.

to allow the nose piece to be assembled and painted off the model, the front wheel leg mount was cut off and a hole drilled in it's place

the leg drilled and a piece of paper clip glued in place

trial fit of the under carriage

in the foreground pilots seat, air intakes, instrument panel. the kit layed out behind after a spray coat of Halfords grey primer. I should get sponsorship from Halfords the amount of time their grey primer is mentioned on my modelling threads.
Fixed to reflect reality :)

Coming on a treat BTW

that circular decal on the nose is a real test of patience, but with a fine brush and some decalfix it's do-able

the tail looks neat with the tail decal and serial number, but the decal film will need trimming back when it's dry

Last edited: