‘Skin dermatitis’ on Medical forms

Alright Chaps,

Filled out the medical forms with the GP today to be sent off. The one and only thing that was put on my form was about me coming to the docs once 2 years ago about dry, cracked skin on my hands. It happened only once, cleared up immediately and nothing like since - the doc wrote this pretty much on the forms , but it’s still on there. The doc said it wasn’t eczema or ‘occupational dermatitis’ (the two disqualify conditions which are on the forms), but put it down as ‘skin dermatitis’. Do you guys reckon my application to join the AR is screwed? Hoping because it was an isolated case, not a chronic issue, and that it’s not eczema or occupational dermatitis that it will be okay. Pretty bummed as I work in a laboratory and so I need to wash my hands constantly - and this was a result of that. No body I know in my work doesn’t have to take care of their hands to not get ‘skin dermatitis’.

Alright mate,you heard out from them yet? I sent my appeal off few days ago as I was rejected for having ezcema in my childhood/teen hoood,haven’t used steroid cream for 4 yrs,ezcema just faded away when I hit 16,fingers crossed I get accepted

Hibbsy

Swinger
Alright mate,you heard out from them yet? I sent my appeal off few days ago as I was rejected for having ezcema in my childhood/teen hoood,haven’t used steroid cream for 4 yrs,ezcema just faded away when I hit 16,fingers crossed I get accepted
Hi Mate, have you had a result on your appeal yet? I’ve just been rejected for eczema which I had 8 years ago when I was 8! I’m going to appeal but feeling gutted at the moment. Hope you get a good outcome.

Hi Mate, have you had a result on your appeal yet? I’ve just been rejected for eczema which I had 8 years ago when I was 8! I’m going to appeal but feeling gutted at the moment. Hope you get a good outcome.
No mate still waiting... rang them up the othe day and it’s going to take another 4 weeks for an outcome:/ fingers crossed for you and keep your fitness up whilst waiting for appeal outcome mate!

Received good news the other day my appeal was UPHELD until June that’s when I’ll be 3 years without medication of steroid creams, got to redo my application then bit of a ball ache but it’s good news I suppose,have you heard back off them yet pal?

Hibbsy

Swinger
Received good news the other day my appeal was UPHELD until June that’s when I’ll be 3 years without medication of steroid creams, got to redo my application then bit of a ball ache but it’s good news I suppose,have you heard back off them yet pal?
Really Good news. Good outcome.
I’m just waiting for the doctor to write my letter to send off with my appeal, I’ll let you know the outcome. My only concern is that my medical records show that on a one off occasion eczema was on my hands 8 years ago. I don’t even remember that. Fingers crossed.

Hibbsy

Swinger
Fingers crossed for ya pal,what you thinking of doing in then army?
Alright mate, just had my appeal rejected because it says in my notes there was a one off rash on my hand. Going to appeal again, just out of interest, was your eczema on your hands at all?

Latest Threads