‘I’m in the marines, I could f---ing take all of you out’ — drunk Brit curses out airline staff, families, children

Just_plain_you

War Hero

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
You can just about make out what he’s like in the flesh by looking at his photos, every one of them he’s on his jack. Tells you a lot.

I read this in the Wail (OK, I know), which was full of inaccuracies (journos should post copy before they go to liquid lunch, not after), but was left very confused. As I see it, he is not in the Marines, but is in the RMR. Apparently he was in The Army, but whether it was the regulars or TA is not made clear. I have been out of the mob a considerable time and did not recognise the unit from the photos, but it is definitely NOT the RM uniform as is implied. It is just another story about about a p!ssed up civvie who over imbibes at the airport, can't hold his booze and shoots his gob off - non-story. As for people causing problems at airports due to booze, in all the years I've been flying, I've only seen one 'incident', and that wasn't violent - if it happened that regularly, it wouldn't make the papers.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
I read this in the Wail (OK, I know), which was full of inaccuracies (journos should post copy before they go to liquid lunch, not after), but was left very confused. As I see it, he is not in the Marines, but is in the RMR. Apparently he was in The Army, but whether it was the regulars or TA is not made clear. I have been out of the mob a considerable time and did not recognise the unit from the photos, but it is definitely NOT the RM uniform as is implied. It is just another story about about a p!ssed up civvie who over imbibes at the airport, can't hold his booze and shoots his gob off - non-story. As for people causing problems at airports due to booze, in all the years I've been flying, I've only seen one 'incident', and that wasn't violent - if it happened that regularly, it wouldn't make the papers.
Yebbut - ex-army.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not another one!

Yokel

LE
He is a Walt them? 'Marines' instead of 'Royal Marines'? Army Reserve trying to transfer to RMR?

Although he was off duty, can he be charged with anything iaw JSP 830? What are the likely charges when he goes to court, and how will his CoC see them?

Woh Look at Me.
1571820119350.png

A fecking disgrace to Queen & Country

Nails.
And gen.
No doubt about it.
One of Bugsy's sons.

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
He is a Walt them? 'Marines' instead of 'Royal Marines'? Army Reserve trying to transfer to RMR?

Although he was off duty, can he be charged with anything iaw JSP 830? What are the likely charges when he goes to court, and how will his CoC see them?
Bringing the Army/Navy into disrepute?

You can just about make out what he’s like in the flesh by looking at his photos, every one of them he’s on his jack. Tells you a lot.
Means nothing. It's him that the papers are interested in, not his mates or family. On the other hand, if he had a FB pic of himself with Tommy Robinson/Paul Golding/Nick Griffin etc, you can be the shirt off your back they would have printed it.

He didn’t bluff the PTSD angle as a defence, schoolboy error there.

Slow news day. Some Ex Reg (Mercians by the pics) trying to join RMR, gets pissed up and gobs off. Yawn.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
That's the next ad campaign sorted:
"Wannabe Marine. It's a state of being out of your mind. You may already have it."

A real Marine would be wearing a loose fitting flowery dress for air travel .

Latest Threads