£829.7 billion in debt

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's OK, Liebour has done what Liebour always does when something needs sorting, they're going to pass a law to ban it, the ludicrous Fiscal Responsibility Bill
  2. Of course he doesn't. He sold 1/2 our gold reserves for a third of their value as soon as he became chancellor. "What do we need all that gold for anyway?" :roll:
  3. and from reading the queens speech ... he intends to increase spending further!
    you couldnt make it up!
  4. By my rough reckoning Brown has put every man, woman and child in this country into £13,600 worth of debt
    Seeing as only half the population is economically productive that means her indoors and myself have £27,200 to pay off for Brown's follies. Thays before the idiots sends more of my money I don't fooking have.
    Thanks a fooking bunch Brown you cnut.

5. In years to come, the 'Brown Years' will become a standard textbook example of how you can destroy a countries economy.
  6. It was a particularly pointless inclusion in the Queen's Speech to put in law 'the budget will be balanced'... rather than explain how this will be done.
  7. The whole world looks at this one as a stitch up. The only reason for a piece of legislation like that is as a blatant atempt to knobble the next govrnment.

8. Indeed, force the Conservatives to dish out the bad medicine in large doses and get the economy fixed, then campaign on the ticket of 'those nasty Tories raised your taxes, vote for us and you can have all the jam and double cream you want for free'…

The chav classes will vote them back in and they can start all over again.
  9. Not just the chavs unfortuntely. There are a large number of supposedly intellectual middle class types who consider themselves 'indie' and wouldn't dream of wasting their vote on anything other than Lib Dem or Greens. Unless, perhaps, somebody started an "environmental liberation front".
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I'll give you Euro 10,000 for Berkshire and Euro 15,000 for the Cotswolds. How much for Dorset?
  11. Ah yes, I'd forgotten about those. Them be the ones you see driving out to my village from the local city in their big Volvos and Range Rovers with a load of bikes on the back and then go for a ride around the area on their pushbikes with the kids in tow being 'sustainable' and green, but only on sunny weekends.
  12. Do share. How has this figure been calculated?
  13. So the same cycle of bouncing left and right that we have had for years then?

Honestly, you would think by now we would say enough is enough and find a better way to do it.

In fact all we need to do is get rid of the fcuk wits who happily just continually swallow one party line (no matter how bone it is) and just have floating voters.