£600 weekend for two in London currently going for £310...

Discussion in 'Travel' started by BFBS, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A fantastic weekend in London, worth over £600, is up for auction in aid of Forces' charities at www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

£250 Shopping vouchers in Regents Street, lunch, afternoon tea, hotel for 2 nights, Comedy Store tickets, free entry to nightclub with £100 bar tab...

Auction closes 12 noon BST on Sunday 11th

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I'm in for that, 250 quid for openers.

3. It's at £310 last time I looked....

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

But isn't that if you can get it ;)

Ok fair one, 310 is a fair price for a weekend in London with the trimmings you mention. 310 it is then.

I take it theres some flexibility on the dates?

5. Lordy.

It's an auction.

It's currently at £310, but the auction doesn't close until noon BST next Sunday, 11th May.

If you are interested, you can bid more than £310 at www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

Not sure if that was a bump, or a wah, or something else...

Whilst you're at www.bfbs.com/bigsalute have a look at 'sellers other items' as we have lots of good stuff to raise money for 5 Forces charities

6. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Works for me, I was planning a weekend in London with the domestic sunray anyway so this is a godsend, provided nobody else bids on it too much :)

7. YOU TIGHT ARRSED BARSTEWARDS,count the cost of the vouchers first , then the accom, plus the tickets for the comedy club, plus afternoon tea.
    You cnuts have got a right bargain.
    I live in London and this is a steal.

8. London and other auctions link here:
    http://www.ssvc.com/bfbs/bigsalute/auctions.php

The various auctions are being hosted on e-bay: links on the page above.

I think that BFBS was just trying to get us to have a look at the rest of the site ;) .

9. It's an open auction - we'll only know successful bidder when auction closes at midday on Sunday 11th May.

Anyone can bid what they think it's worth to them, or sometimes people bid above face value because they want to contribute to the good cause

www.bfbs.com/bigsalute

BFBS

10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I know mate which is why I'm waiting for someone to outbid me. This is a steal, and I'm going to have a great weekend it if someone else doesn't dig in. :D

11. Did you get it Ord Sgt? Think it went for £385 in the end

Reckon we raised over £3100 in all - Zulu poster went for £530, and james Blunt tickets and meet & greet for £621.

BFBS