£3,000 for a 50 mile journey

Can't say I heard any Labour politians complaining when B Liar took one of the Queens Flight (note The Queens, NOT Prime Ministers Flight) off for a family holiday by the Red Sea for a week or so :?

GrumpyOG said:
Can't say I heard any Labour politians complaining when B Liar took one of the Queens Flight (note The Queens, NOT Prime Ministers Flight) off for a family holiday by the Red Sea for a week or so :?
Ah yes the holiday it was too difficult to return from when the Tsunami hit South Asia - not withstanding that rather a lot of British Citizens had to return wether they liked it or not -if indeed they were able to at all.

... and now it becomes clearer:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...dav30.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/01/30/ixhome.html

The Labour MP who exposed Prince Andrew for spending £325,000 of taxpayers' money on hiring aeroplanes and helicopters in a single year is one of the biggest drains on the public purse in the House of Commons.

Ian Davidson's Commons expenses last year totalled £144,665, ranking him the 15th-biggest spender out of 658 MPs. All his expenses bills were met by the taxpayer. The Register of Members' Interests also shows that Mr Davidson is a frequent overseas traveller on parliamentary sports-related trips.
and ..

Among them was a "fact-finding mission" with the Commons and Lords Rugby Union Football Club to watch the British Lions in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Tokyo. The trip, in 2001, lasted 20 days and involved "rest days" at the Great Barrier Reef and Lake Crackenback.
Can I go on a fact-finding mission please? I think I fancy eerrrrmmm..... Iraq. I can? Oh goody.

Using aircraft is to be encouraged.

Can you imagine the bill had he been given a rail warrant. There is a reason we use hire cars nowadays. :p

Latest Threads