£250 baby vouchers .....

for a trust fund for every baby born since September 2002. But why should the likes of me (single, taxpayer, NO kids) have to help pay for a trust fund for other people's kids? And what about kids born to well off people? Do they also get this £250 "starter kit"?

Bloody Labour government. Roll on 6th May.

eve1962 said:
for a trust fund for every baby born since September 2002. But why should the likes of me (single, taxpayer, NO kids) have to help pay for a trust fund for other people's kids?
Because you don't get to pick and choose what your tax is used for. Perhaps because Labour have decided to try and woo back some voters that they have alienated in the last few years. Personally, it won't make the slightest difference to me and my vote.

And what about kids born to well off people? Do they also get this £250 "starter kit"?
Errr, yes and the irony is that they will probably be the majority that actually do something with the money, rather than let the government's financial agents choose.

the likes of me (single, taxpayer, NO kids)
If you don't like being single with no kids, I suggest that you post some decent pictures on your profile, rather than the 'potential axe murderer/stalker' ones that you have at the moment. 8O

(single, taxpayer, NO kids)
Same reason as I, married taxpayer x 2 (Mrs M) with child born before 2002, will pay.

It's the way our country, and loads like it, works

doomsayer said:
If you don't like being single with no kids, I suggest that you post some decent pictures on your profile, rather than the 'potential axe murderer/stalker' ones that you have at the moment. 8O
You really shouldn't "jump to conclusions" before posting catty comments. Never said I don't LIKE being single with no kids. Very happily single with no kids, through choice, thank you!!

"ones"?????? You're obviously seeing double.

Now now children.

I have a family Eve, and I have received my £250 for my son.

Also, I am probably on a higher tax band than you so....if you want to split hairs...I have contributed more than you have in tax.

I wonder if you would be so concerned about tax payers money if you had children that would benefit...I doubt it somehow

doomsayer said:
eve1962 said:
Errrr, when I go to http://www.lookitsme.co.uk/profile.php?id=88280&member=eve1962

and click on "My Photos" there are at least five pictures of what appears to be you and one of a much better looking dog. Am I seeing double?
Whatever, doesn't warrant the catty comments. I'm only here stating my views and hoping to discuss in a grown-up manner with others. Thought the pathetic sling-throwing, child name calling type stuff should be left in the Naafi? Get out of bed the wrong side?

Eve you seem very bitter at the moment??????

Like Moody has said maybe if you had kids then you wouldn't be so concerned about tax payers money.

Moodybitch said:
Now now children.

Also, I am probably on a higher tax band than you so....if you want to split hairs...I have contributed more than you have in tax.

I wonder if you would be so concerned about tax payers money if you had children that would benefit...I doubt it somehow
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying out taxes for children's welfare. I certainly don't begrugde my percentage going towards education, schools, etc. I simply disagree with this type of thing. I don't feel taxpayers (whether they have children or not) should be expected to contribute towards others childrens' trust funds, that's all. It should be a personal thing that parents do or do not do for their children.

eve1962 said:
Moodybitch said:
Now now children.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying out taxes for children's welfare. I certainly don't begrugde my percentage going towards education, schools, etc. I simply disagree with this type of thing. I don't feel taxpayers (whether they have children or not) should be expected to contribute towards others childrens' trust funds, that's all. It should be a personal thing that parents do or do not do for their children.
And I don't like having to pay full rate council tax, while sad lonely women get 25% off cos they live alone with their cats....but I have to.

It's life Eve...there are benefits and disadvantages for all. Quit bitch_in

Not all parents will look out for thier childs benifits later in life, for this reason should that child suffer in 18 yrs time if they want to go uni etc etc if thier parents can't be arrsed or in some cases can't afford to send them??

eve1962 said:
doomsayer said:
You really shouldn't "jump to conclusions" before posting catty comments. Never said I don't LIKE being single with no kids. Very happily single with no kids, through choice, thank you!!

Probably a dyke, so unlikely to have kids. This'll also explain being 'happily single with no kids'.

Queensman said:
eve1962 said:
doomsayer said:

Probably a dyke, so unlikely to have kids. This'll also explain being 'happily single with no kids'.
No, she's not a dyke. She was begging the Arrse lads to bang her back doors in a while back. :wink:

Moodybitch said:
No, she's not a dyke. She was begging the Arrse lads to bang her back doors in a while back. :wink:
Where does she live?

This goes well beyond what the State should provide - the State is there to provide services that the private sector can/will not, or are necessary for the good of the country and cannot be provided by the private sector at a cost that everyone can afford, like roads & schools & hospitals. It's not there for bribing people with their own money like this! It's simple vote-buying.

Isn't it also unsurprising how they quietly remove tax exemptions, like the married man's tax allowance & then nosily replace it with benefits like paid maternity leave that leave many people worse off but effectively buy the votes of the group that they're targeting?

Great, so now we have to pay for some single parent crack addicted baby squirting slapper who will have 6 kids and 8 different fathers none of whom will pay any support...

For the record...

I work full-time, i also work longer hours than most due to the industry I work in

I pay £700 per month for a full time child minder

I earn good pay and pay higher tax than most

I still got a £250 trust fund voucher even though I don't need it

Vote buying...you are probably right..did it buy my vote...Nope!

Forgetting the old "Who gets the most out of the government.." moan, the fact is that in 50+ years time EVERYONE in the country will have benefitted from this, because everyone will have had that kick-start.

The whole point of the vouchers is to encourage people to save up for their own futures - they get a little deposit put into a secure account, and if they think it's a good idea they put a little bit more into it every year.

Then, when kiddy gets to 18 and wants to buy a house (deposit on mortgage), it can.

OK, so you (and I) don't and never plan to have kids, but I'm not going to begrudge a nation.

Great, so now we have to pay for some single parent crack addicted baby squirting slapper who will have 6 kids and 8 different fathers none of whom will pay any support...
Just to clarify - the parents have no access to the money whatsoever. Only the child, once 18, gets the cash.