£2.32P ???

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by scarletto, Jan 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Read something on t'other bit of forum, that Soldiers get an extra £2.32P a day for being in Afghanistan, is that correct 8O

If so, then thanks to someone else on here with their rate of inflation work out, your getting less 'extra' money (NI Pay)than i was getting in Belfast in the 70s!!!

FFS if thats right, its fecking criminal. Whilst it dont suprise me in one way, in another its shocked me. Hope im wrong!!!
  2. I thought it was £12.81?
  3. I fecking hope so.
  4. I think that is only the unpleasant working allowance. On top of regular pay anyone deplyed will receive LSA (varies on how many days you have accumulated) and Operational Bonus (about £13 a day tax free).

My last 6 month tour meant an extra £6000 in my bank. Add to that the lack of ability to spend as much as you normally would and savings of £10000 are easily achievable.
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Isn't it some form of either hot weather allowence combined if you keep body armour on for so many consecutive days
    Also the BBC programe in Bastion the other day they stated that the sh1t burning detail got an extra 5$ out in the fobs for lack of facilities

Certanly a good incentive to save on tour everyone seemed to be permanantly skint when I was in
  6. Its a joke, is it not ? Its also a joke that nobody is doing anything about it!
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

£12.81, I was only earning £13 a day in Belfast for my first tour!