£150million bill as police win right to be paid on call

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Outcast, Aug 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Having squaddies paid for being 'on call' out in Afghan would really rather dwarf the cost of the police.

Imagine 'clocking off' after a hard day's fighting, only to be paid whilst sitting in the base waiting for the next call-out.

I would hazard a guess and say the bill for this would be something like £1 billion plus! :D

How's about some parity with the rozzers then?

2. Ah, but then the old adage of 'you are paid 24 hours a day' come out.
    so you effectively are being paid for being on call......

3. "…There has also been controversy over police pay. Earlier this week it emerged that a constable in Britain's largest police force - the Metropolitan Police - was paid more than £100,000 after doubling his salary with overtime.…"

£100,000!!!!!

:wtf:

4. This will probably come as a bit of a shock to you, but here we go anyway. The police are not the military, they have entirely different terms and conditions of employment to the military. They knew what these were when they signed up, so did you. Stop fvcking whining. It is becoming embarrassing reading some of the posts on here. YOU signed up YOU knew what you were getting into get over it. If you don't like it sign off, join the police and STFU.

5. Fcuk knows where Plod is going to get the money; Strathclyde is already making dire predictions about it's budget shortfall. Up to £35 million in the worst case scenario. 8O

6. Good on the police federation. Why should a CIVILIAN not be paid when told his/her time away from work is disrupted as he/she 'may' be called back in to work.

We all know we are not civilians so we should not really concern ourselves with this. As the old adage goes, if you don't like it, get out and join the civilian police.

7. This will probably come as a bit of a shock to you, but here we go anyway. The police are not the military, they have entirely different terms and conditions of employment to the military. They knew what these were when they signed up, so did you. Stop fvcking whining. It is becoming embarrassing reading some of the posts on here. YOU signed up YOU knew what you were getting into get over it. If you don't like it sign off, join the police and STFU.[/quote]

By the same token, can we expect Plod to stop whinging about paperwork? Or complaining that the Courts don't take assualt on a police officer seriously enough?

What's good for the Goose... :wink:

8. Some police also knew what their terms and conditions were when they signed up, but they want more and get it, yes different terms and conditions. so if one day squaddies can have a federation or 5 can they negotiate some things before the government send s them off to war but you need to relax before you do yourself some harm getting all outraged without being on the bus

9. I'm not fcucking whining, you obviously didn't read my post, I said I wondered how long it would be before other services jumped on the band wagon. After 23 years serving, I think I know my terms and conditions. I was merely pointing out that other services would try to jump on the bandwagon, which is illustrated by the two comments on the news story that make comparisons to the military. So blow me!!!!!!

10. Cool, just pay me the minimum wage per hour then.

I am on leave now.

But on call 8O

11. There is no outrage being displayed by me. You need to look for something a little more original to use in your responses, outrage bus is so passe.
    The fact remains that when people sign on the dotted line they do so in the full knowledge of their terms and conditions. There is a danger of this site being seen as somewhere to come and whine. Lets not forget that the Army is a large organisation and large portions of that large organisation do not on any regular basis face any particular danger. There are numerous posts on here that verge on walting. They are using the sacrifice of people to make spurious claims of how they deserve more. Many of the people making the most noise appear to be the people who have the least case to do so. If they do not like it, leave, get a job that is cushier, better paid or whatever else they think they are entitled to. As for the police whinging about paper work etc, I agree they need to take up the matter with people who can make a difference and argue through the correct channels to change things, or get out and STFU.

12. Outcast, so whats this supposed to mean?
    "......So when do we get some of this !!!!! .........."

13. so why are you telling everyone else to STFU, but it is ok for you to have your opinion?

14. I am not the one whining. If you do not like what you have signed up for don't stay. It is very easy to leave, it just requires a signature and a couple of quid. It is tiresome seeing endless whining on here. Why does nobody ever seem to mention the benefits that being a member of the Army entails?
    If you are content to have people who don't know any better read these threads and gain the impression that the Army is full of whiners who seem to believe that they are owed something fine, personally I don't.