£80000 for a MC

I know poeple go through a lot to be awarded this & similar & that some fall on hard times & sell their gongs, but £80000!

Is he living in cloud cuckoo land! or are their collectors etc that will pay this sort of money.

EBay £80000 MC

Pox_Dr said:
Who is & what is, someone selling his gong wheres the Walt!!
Does this sound like the language of a professional soldier to you?

Also, Snatch in Baghdad?

Ebay said:
the military cross was awarded for combat fighting in baghdad in 2005,while on patrol,my convoy was attacked by suicide bombers and gun men,i controlled my snatch vechicle and suppressed,then assaulted a machine gun position,ive also been to iraq as part of 16 air assault,and took many key locations, assaulting enemy positions,then in afghanistan,we were attacked for a 31 day period.and sustained many casualties,in sangin,living in trenches and low on ammo/rations,i killed many enemy soldiers,other medals included are isaf/n.ireland and queens jubilee.im leaving the army and need the money,otherwise wouldnt want to sell,but memories haunt me........i reserve all rights to removing these items from sale

£25,000 yes. £80,000 no. And yes, there are collectors who would pay that... and do regularly at auction.

Yup i know that there are snatch in baghdad? but does anybody ever remember a Snatch being hit by an IED and ambushed in Baghdad

BF....the only MCs i can find that were awarded for action in 2005 were for action in Al Muthana, not Baghdad....thoughts

Also, his text says he's got the ISAF medal...not seen but there is the Afghan OSM....

£80k for the medal & he still wants to charge 10 quid for postage!!!! Fake alert everyone.

There seems so many things wrong with this - but if it is true - the bloke needs some help.

Can an historian make the checks necessary to see if this 'MC' was gazetted etc.?

Any serving/retired soldier recognise him from his picture with HM?

His location on eBay is Inverness, Highland, United Kingdom

I think this may be the guy

BBC MC Awarded

It states "was awarded the Military Cross for his actions during a machine gun ambush involving suicide bombers and gunmen in Baghdad last year."

Pox_Dr said:

BBC MC Awarded

It states "was awarded the Military Cross for his actions during a machine gun ambush involving suicide bombers and gunmen in Baghdad last year."
Yes I think your're right. The profile with HM seems to match with full face photo.

In which case immense respect and congratulations to cpl. T..... C......
Only sorry that you find yourself in a position that you feel that you have to dispose of your MC.

Can anybody help here? seniors perhaps? It just seems wrong for an MC winner to have to come to this - for whatever reason in just two years.

He is still serving apparently - can his regiment help him?

2404Motorman said:
Pox_Dr said:

BBC MC Awarded

Yes I think your're right. The profile with HM seems to match with full face photo.

In which case immense respect and congratulations to cpl. T..... C......Only sorry that you find yourself in a position that you feel that you have to dispose of your MC.

Can anybody help here? seniors perhaps? It just seems wrong for an MC winner to have to come to this - for whatever reason in just two years.

He is still serving apparently - can his regiment help him?

Bit late for persec? :wink:

Where is the Persec issue,

BBC report with name & face

Owner of said face puts own face on net

No issue as far as Im concerned

Very sad, I hope the Royal Irish assocation pick this up and help this lad out.

MC of WW1 War Poet Siegfried Sasson is expected to fetch £25,000 at auction. The medal was found recently in an old box in the loft of a relative. It was thought for years that Sasson threw his medal into the Mersy in protest at the slaughter in the trenches ( a myth readily supported by anti-war movements from that time on and further spun in the novel and later film - Regeneration http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regeneration_(novel)).

Seems that "mad Jack" simply tore the ribbon from his tunic and threw that in the river.

Still, I think the Sasson family are @rrseholes for selling it, it would be appallling to see Sassoon's MC wind up in a Private collection abroad.

Knowing speedy it was prob a pish take to see how much it would sell for. Definately not a walt, unless MC winners are classed as that nowadays.

And theres more than a few pished off and disillusioned operationally experienced squaddies out there. Goes with the territory with bliars wars nowadays. Cant say i blame him.

There's no reason to deny the authenticity here. He's been engaged in numerous courageous assaults. He has to be a genuine squaddie - the eBay ad is a steadfast assault on the Queen's English.

Although I can't believe he could have written a book without some serious help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Scavenger The Intelligence Cell 22