£700 to deliver a pair of boots.

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by SomeName, Jul 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ....... See if we can save some money??????

Bloody hell, I just sent a bottle of Whisky to someone in the Scottish Highlands from Truro in Caaaaarnwall and I think it cost ..... cant remember..... but it was less than 10 quid for 48 hour delivery.
  2. What did they do, rent a f'kin helicopter to deliver it. Even if a courier firm was used they would be pressed to justify charging that much so it sounds dodgy to me.
  3. I thought it was a wind up until i saw it had been mentioned in PMQs. Not long been told my TA pay won't be through for several months due to transfer paperwork being fudged. This sort of thing doesn't exactly fill me with confidence :(
  4. My guess is its a load of bollocks, almost all of the kit we get delivered from Bicester or Donnington be it batteries or boots comes either by normal courier or Royal Mail. If this happened in every single unit every single day then we'd be running around with sticks shouting banana banana. (wait a minute?!)

Seriously though, dont believe everything you read in the papers. You know how they just love to smear the MoD at every opportunity
  5. HHH

HHH LE

I know there has been big cutbacks in Northern Ireland, but I didn't realise there are no QM's left.

I could have flown over and picked them up, and flown back and hand delivered them, for far less money !!!
  6. What?! sending whisky to Scotland ?
  7. Money well spent I'd say. I recon he should get them on EBay ASAP!!!!!
  8. £700+? if someone actually AUTHORISED that, then they should get the spanish archer (el bow) immediately! Mind you looking at who asked the question "Plaid Cymru's Westminster leader Elfyn Llwyd said that with cuts to public spending across the board, the Government could ill-afford to waste money on private couriers to deliver boots to soldiers.
    He said the serviceman had ordered the £45 pair of boots as a non-urgent item from the defence logistics centre at Bicester but then a private courier was instructed to deliver them at a cost of £714.18"
    Who told the useless Welsh scrote about it, IMHO Llwyd should be more concerned with the tens of millions the govt waste on the useless pile of hot air producing turds, the Welsh Assembly every year! :-(