£70 Plantronics 7.1 headset on Amazon for £12

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by maguire, Sep 15, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

exactly as the title states - Amazon are knocking this out for £12 delivered atm, rrp £70 - well reviewed, and for the price they're asking you cant really argue can you? ordered mine, will let you all know how I get on with it.

2. Not much experience with 7.1 cans, But have some knowledge on USB audio.

You might want to check the specs of the USB chip they are using in them cans.
    Usually anything audio that has a USB connection has it's own sound processor.
    When you plug it in, It installs drivers and when you use it, It bypasses your on-board sound or sound card.
    Most USB sound processors are not as good as modern on-board/dedicated sound card, Latency is slower and bit-rates are usually lower. Add to the fact they are synthesizing 7.1 sound too, not sure what the result would be.

Still though, for £11.99 it's a canny deal.
    Let us know how they sound :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Just ordered a pair. Dont normally use headphones much but fuckit! for that price it would be rude not to.
  4. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I've already got a set of Creative ones that do 5.1 - these were more, as buggrit says, as it would be rude not to at one-sixth the price. ;)
  5. Out of stock.
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

hmm...wonder if the price was a cock-up at their end and I'll be getting a 'sorry - we cant process your order' email shortly?
  7. Now showing as £39.25 (you save £30.74!).

8. Ive got 6 pairs if anyone's interested.

20 queens!!!!

haha, just kiddin
  9. I remember when Tesco's online were selling the new Ipad for 50 quid. Ordered my self one but obviously never received it.
  10. I see what you did there.
  11. Amazon are doing a lot of good discounts this weekend. What's more, the offers I've bought have been honoured.
  12. They cancelled my order! Feckers! Said they were out of stock.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. The price is now up to £39, was just going to buy a pair, too slow
  14. Too slow also :(