£6.6m on New Noddy Suits....

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TheBigUn, Jan 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/ModOrdersNewChemicalnuclearProtectionSuits.htm

£6.6 million on 44,000 new CBRN suits?

Baroness Taylor said:

"Individual protection is of the highest priority and these suits will allow our troops to maintain the tempo of operations should there be a chemical, nuclear or biological incident.

"This order with Remploy will build on improvements we have already made to the protection of our forces against nuclear, biological and chemical threats."

Is the current suit therefore not adequate? Could the £6.6m have been better spent elsewhere? Why are they only buying 44,000? I'm quite sure that isn't enough for one each if the bio-sh1t hits the fan?

2. To be fair, defence procurement wise, £6.6 million is absolutely small beans.

IMHO although the threat on current operations is minimal, we should retain the skills and equipment just in case.

3. A replacement of stocks more likely.

Don't know if this is linked to the replacement of the S10 resi?

4. £150 a set - I wonder if the police pay the same for theirs.

6. Add a zero and you are close to CR-1 price! They do come in a nice holdall though.

7. I couldn't work out that figure either!

These suits are obviously only for one small section of the Services! And there isn't any training pool either!

Litotes

8. Pfft...typical AGC fcuking us real soldiers around again! :D

or is it T.H.E.M.?