• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

£6.6m on New Noddy Suits....

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/ModOrdersNewChemicalnuclearProtectionSuits.htm

£6.6 million on 44,000 new CBRN suits?

Baroness Taylor said:

"Individual protection is of the highest priority and these suits will allow our troops to maintain the tempo of operations should there be a chemical, nuclear or biological incident.

"This order with Remploy will build on improvements we have already made to the protection of our forces against nuclear, biological and chemical threats."

Is the current suit therefore not adequate? Could the £6.6m have been better spent elsewhere? Why are they only buying 44,000? I'm quite sure that isn't enough for one each if the bio-sh1t hits the fan?

To be fair, defence procurement wise, £6.6 million is absolutely small beans.

IMHO although the threat on current operations is minimal, we should retain the skills and equipment just in case.

TheBigUn said:
http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/EquipmentAndLogistics/ModOrdersNewChemicalnuclearProtectionSuits.htm

Baroness Taylor said:

"Individual protection is of the highest priority and these suits will allow our troops to maintain the tempo of operations should there be a chemical, nuclear or biological incident.

"This order with Remploy will build on improvements we have already made to the protection of our forces against nuclear, biological and chemical threats."

Is the current suit therefore not adequate? Could the £6.6m have been better spent elsewhere? Why are they only buying 44,000? I'm quite sure that isn't enough for one each if the bio-sh1t hits the fan?
I couldn't work out that figure either!

These suits are obviously only for one small section of the Services! And there isn't any training pool either!

Litotes

Litotes said:
TheBigUn said:

Baroness Taylor said:

I couldn't work out that figure either!

These suits are obviously only for one small section of the Services! And there isn't any training pool either!

Litotes
Pfft...typical AGC fcuking us real soldiers around again! :D

or is it T.H.E.M.?

Latest Threads